Trying to cope

Hello, I just feel I need some support. In early September I lost my mother who was also my best friend. I had already been diagnosed with anxiety and since losing my mother my doctor has found out I also have depression since before losing my mother but it was undiagnosed. I turned 18 just over a month ago and am in my last year of education. I’m struggling finding any motivation for school work or life at the moment and I feel everything is getting too much.

Hi Flossy23,

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve lost your mother at such a young age. It’s understandable that you are struggling, especially as you already had anxiety and depression. Are you getting any kind of bereavement support, or help with the anxiety and depression?

Does your school know about everything that’s going on? If you are struggling with school work, they may be able to make allowances or give you some support.

I’m glad that you’ve found this Online Community, and I hope that it helps a little to be able to write things down here. There are many others here who understand the grief of losing a loved one. You may be interested to read and reply to some posts by other users. For example, I found these posts that I thought you might be able to relate to:

If there’s anything I can help with, or you have any questions about this site, just let me know.

Priscilla
Community Manager