Trying to move forwards

Hi
Having finally reached the decision to seek help from a counsellor. I am hitting a brick wall. Contacted 3 in local area and all have got back to me and told me they are not taking on new clients. How can I find a counsellor with vacancies? Would appreciate any advice.

Pam

Hi,
We found our counsellor through the funeral directors. They have provided bereavement support. It might be worth asking the funeral directors who you used.
XFran

Thanks Fran
Unfortunately my mum died in Essex and we used local undertaker and I live in Hertfordshire. I just need to keep trying and work my way through the counselling directory for my area.

Pam x

Hi Pam,
I’m sorry to hear you’re struggling to find a local counsellor with vacancies. It can be a big decision to seek help and I can imagine it would be frustrating to keep hitting a brick wall.
If you’ve not already tried, you could make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling. It may be that there is a waiting list if you go down this route, but it’s an option to consider.
You didn’t mention how you found the counsellors you’ve contacted but there are a couple of useful directories you could have a look at:

I so wish I had found this online support before now. Thank you for the advise Eleanor. I have tried 2 of the links but will have a go at the third. Xx

I so wish I had found this online support before now. Thank you for the advise Eleanor. I have tried 2 of the links but will have a go at the third. Xx