Twin sister loss

My 33yo twin sister passed last month after a very short cancer diagnosis, it went from 0-100 in two months. She had no apparent symptoms with so many tests and answers to be in end of life care all within those two months.
We spoke every day all day and have done forever, we were best friends and that void is the hardest to deal with.
Just looking for anyone in similar position, I’ve found there is little on sibling loss and even less so on twin loss.

2 Likes

Hi @tm90

I’m Kate, a part of the Sue Ryder Online Community team. I can see that you are new to the community, and I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread.

I’m so sorry to hear about twin sister. You must be feeling very lost right now, but please know that there is lots of help out there and you are not alone.

Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through as a sibling.

I’m giving this thread a gentle bump and I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I also wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I’m not sure if you already know about the Lone Twin Network - About | lone twin network - but they are a UK-based voluntary support group run by and for twinless twins over the age of 18.

The Compassionate Friends also have a leaflet about grieving the death of a twin: https://www.tcf.org.uk/resources/Grieving-the-Death-of-a-Twin-Child.pdf

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support, @tm90 , and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone :blue_heart:

Take care,

Kate
Sue Ryder Online Community team

1 Like

Hi so sorry to hear of the loss of your twin sister. I lost my twin sister 4 weeks ago very suddenly and unexpected and I’ve never know a pain like it. I wish I could give you comforting words but I can’t, I just wanted you to know that you’re not alone and I’m here if you need to chat. I’m so lost without her and I find it so hard to cope with, but talking might help. Take care

3 Likes

So sorry to hear that, it’s utterly heartbreaking. I know there’s no words and I just hope you are doing as ok as you can be. I am also hear if you ever wish to talk/vent to of need be.

1 Like

Thankyou for your kind reply, it is so heart wrenching. We had the funeral on Monday and the day was so so sad, I have never felt a pain like it. My heart just aches for her and I don’t feel like I will ever recover from this. Thanks again and thank you for letting me vent, it does help

If you ever need someone to chat too - I lost my twin sister, we were 23. My inbox is open as I don’t know how to cope either x