My husband Andy passed December the 5th
I am so scared and lonely without him
We had been together 41 years since I was 14
I stay in bed most off the day don’t want to bother
With the outside world I have 2 sons they try to involve me
But I haven’t got the engery for anyone
Please take care xx

@Sherich2708

Thinking of you at this time, post funeral. I am a bit wobbly as this is what I’ve been focusing on for 4 weeks, and I wonder how I will feel after Tuesday. :disappointed:

I’ve had some interesting conversations with people about how they never truly leave you. They just go inside, deep in your heart and you can still talk and feel them. I am getting comfort from this and talk back to what Ithink he’d say. I

know it may not be for everyone. But spending most days with someone for 20 years. I just cannot accept that’s it.

Also I’ve realised I dislike the term ‘move on’, but like ‘move forward, a bit at a time’.

I think words at this time are so important, and I’m making sure to correct people gently. I think that helps everyone.

Much love to all Merrin xx

I am so sorry .Please know there are people here who understand what you are feeling.Until it happens to you you can’t really understand. We are here to help and just to listen. Grief is like a tidal wave sometimes. Remember there are no rules and be kind to yourself. Yes it is scary and overwhelming but you will discover how kind people are.I hope you have support.Please let them help.They will be so glad to help in any way they can . With my very best wishes.