Two years ago today

Two years ago today I lost my dear sweet Chrissie, she was only 51, died of cancer. I am broken every single day.

She had been abused from age 5 and 11 and apparently by men through her life with first husband and second husband being extremely violent to her to put it mildly.

I met her Feb 2004 just after he died and I was her constant and caring friend for the 16 years till she sadly passed. I was so nice to her, was her earth angel. She was so shy and childlike. She was lovely.

Sadly she was in and out of mental hospitals over those years but when she was well she was as normal as you or I.

Her GP in Worthing who owns and runs his surgery revelled in picking on my timid, abused friend, frequently shouting at her, intimidating her, making her cry, fat shaming her (due to mental health medicine side effects), forcing her to go to Weight Watchers. And making threats to her that she would not see her adopted son again unless she did what he wanted. She was often in tears after appointments.

After one appointment, I had to dash to her side, walking out of a blood donor session. She was inconsolable and I SO wanted to complain but she begged me not to saying *please don’t, it’ll only make it worse for me".

Shortly afterwards I was extremely worried about a dark irregular spot on her otherwise unmarked back. I sent her to the surgery countless times over a year, but she was sent away each time.

I went with her to the doctor and met a particularly disinterested, unhelpful, arrogant man who point blank refused to examine her properly, take our concerns seriously, asking (jeering?) “why” we were worried and then completely blocking any treatment, second opinion, referral to the hospital or removal. We left, shaking and crying, by his horrible attitude. Was only after we left the surgery that Chrissie said to me “he’s the one who always shouts at me”.

It spread round her body, to her right breast and neck and she died in agony. I was not even allowed to visit the last four months of her life due to Covid. I have the medical evidence that this untreated spot killed her. Dying 7/8/2020.

I have spent over two years trying to get justice or anyone to care, but MPs and organisatiosn don’t care when I point out that she was targetted and killed by this utterly nasty, vile, arrogant man.

I am broken every day, but especially this difficult week.

Martin

3 Likes

I cannot find the words to say how shocked and terribly sad I am after reading your story. After all that a abuse and violence your beloved went through, how could your GP be so heartless, in such an unprofessional way? What would it have cost him just to prescribe a visit to a dermatologist/oncologist? A normal everyday routine! I find this story so hard to believe, and I do wish you will receive justice for this, I know it won’t bring her back to you, but others must learn from this and have to be aware that unfortunately there are incompetent people (thankfully, this is very rare) out there who shouldn’t be there.
Wishing you all the best, and keep fighting, you deserve justice.

2 Likes