Two years on

After meeting my partner at a young age, being together 20 years, having two beautiful boys together for him to be suddenly taken from us has been heartbreaking for us all. Two years on and we all seemed to be coping well considering but now its hit us all again, does it ever get easier?

1 Like

Dear Ang34
I am so sorry that you lost your beautiful husband but hope that all the wonderful people here will reassure you.
Each one of us carries our grief differently and whilst the awful initial rawness dissipates over time grief is a constant companion and we each learn to accommodate it in our own way. I have repeated this beforeā€¦the Queen Mother was once asked this same question and replied something like ā€œgrief never gets really better but we get better at itā€. Grief is the price we pay for love; it has a horrid habit of popping up when we least expect it ā€¦time helps diminish it but it is always thereā€¦we just have to really treasure that love we shared with those who have gone ahead of us and take grief with us as a companion who we get to know better with time.
Take care x

1 Like

Hi. Ang34. Welcome. I too am two years on from the loss of my wife. It has got easier as I have got into a routine and life is now worth living again. I will never ever forget, and there are still times when I grieve again. I doubt the grief will ever go away, but I have learned to live with and accept it.
I think most of us will have had dark moments even after a long time. How could we not with all the memories. Grief is very much an ā€˜up and downā€™ process. There are days when we are right in the pits, and other days when that elusive light gets brighter. Day by day is all we can do. Itā€™s good to know you have a family and help.
You will find so many on here like yourself, and you will get understanding and compassion. We all know and care.
Take it easy and give yourselves more time.
Very best wishes. John.

1 Like

Thankyou John its good to know there are people feeling the same as me and nice to read everyones stories. I dont feel so alone, thankyou for your reply

A lovely way to put it ā€˜grief companionā€™ nice to have join this group and chat with people like yourself

1 Like