Unable to sleep. Has anyone any helpful ideas please?

I feel for you and wonder how much sorrow one person endure , you have been through so much its an absolute tradgedy .
I’m sending you a big hug and prayers x

Bless your heart and Thankyou :two_hearts::tulip::two_hearts:

Hello to you both/all, I lost my whole world in August. Together 49 years, 45 married. I know we all grieve different ways but this lying awake and aching and longing is something I can feel too. This hurt and solitude is just so much at times. I did get someone say “you ll need to move on now”, sorry but to me that is not an option. I walked away from the conversation. I know people mean well but do they sometimes have to be so brutal? I really don’t know what I want at the moment because the one real person I loved, Rose, is no longer here.

I’m sorry you feel that horrible loneliness … I was with my husband 45 years … we did everything together including mourn the deaths of our sons. No you never ever need to move on … you need to slowly slowly learn to live around that horrible searing grief… that’s all I can say from my experiences. There has to be a way we can live around this …we have to live differently, do everything differently. Our whole lives are different. It’s scary and it’s alien. Sending you hugs and understanding, Sue :butterfly::two_hearts::butterfly:

1 Like

I’m glad the medication is helping you

1 Like

I will try anything to get me through this awful time , iv never felt so scared as I do right now in my life
The sadness and loneliness is unbearable .

1 Like

Tia I totally get that … I feel the same. 45 years with my soulmate … the loss of both our sons aged 33 and 36… now just me left. It’s scary that’s for sure but many of us u sweats do how you feel. Hugs from me x

1 Like

Sending hugs

1 Like

Thank you so much , sending love and a big hug to you all x

Hi Malcolm
I lost my husband of 47 years 3 years ago. It is only now that I can have a conversation about him without crying. I still feel very lonely, have no thought of finding someone else, still wake in the night. I don’t feel so exhausted by it all; my body has adjusted. As someone said in an earlier post, resting is good, so go with it. Life will never be the same but you have your memories, make them work for you. Don’t be fearful, you will come through it. Keep posting here, it helps. Just every once in a while, not every day. Read what other people are saying. It will calm you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you. Sorry for your loss.

1 Like