Unbelievable

I need to get this out there
My husband passed last week he’s funeral is next Thursday 17th June
He’s sister phoned me to see how things were going with funeral arrangements
She said she was hoping the funeral would have been the week after because she’s booked 2 days away for her birthday!!!,
I coudnt believe she said that u was thinking so sorry for the inconvenience
My poor kids have to get through fathers day the first one without him
Some people are so selfish !!!

Yes, Father’s Day is going to be hard enough without having a funeral during the following week. At the end of the day, you need to do what is right for you and your kids. You can’t please everyone all the time! I don’t think I could go away and enjoy myself if I had a close family member’s funeral anyway!

I’m so sorry.
My husband’s brother asked if I could try not to clash funeral arrangements with his holiday so I know exactly how you feel. Mostly shocked that a close family member could be so insensitive and selfish.
At the end of the day it’s most important that you do what is right for you and your children.
Take care of yourself x

1 Like

Thanks for reply
Your right I’m doing what is right for myself and my kids
Will let them get on with it got enough to deal with without insensitive people
Marie x

3 Likes

Dotty some people are just so rude and don’t think about anybody else because they are selfish. You do what is best for you and your family, it’s going to take all your strength to get through that day. Keep your child close x

2 Likes

Dear Dotty666

Do what is right for you and your immediate family.

I could write a book about one of my brother-in-laws from the night I told him that his brother had been killed in a road traffic accident, to the funeral and the weeks and months following.

Our son has two little one’s and has to face Father’s Day without his own dad at his side. I know it will be heartbreaking and as a mam it upsets me because I cannot save him from this pain.

The reactions of family really are unbelievable.

Take care.

Ehhh omg that’s terrible
Some people !!
Marie x

Thank you x

I’m so sorry for your loss that’s heart breaking
Its true we just need to look after who is close x

1 Like

Dear Dotty 666,
Unbelievable. The title of your thread is sadly all too relevant when it comes to the attitude of friends and family.
It’s 19 months since my husband died suddenly and still the insensitive comments keep coming.
The same friend who suggested the wake after my husbands funeral should be held in a certain venue as it was easier for them to get to asked me only last week if I missed my husband as much as she and her husband did?!
The timing of your husbands funeral is for you and your children to decide. Not a decision you ever imagined to have to be making . The only thing others have to decide is their priorities.
At the moment the rawness of your grief means every insensitive remark makes you question your own sanity. Arranging a funeral for a husband/wife/partner is so surreal it requires every ounce of strength you can muster. If your sister in law has a decision to make that is her problem. Absolutely not for you to consider.
Take care. X

3 Likes

Do you miss your husband as much as they do?!!! Unbelievable question to ask!!

1 Like

Hi jules,
The friend in question is the wife of one of my husbands former work colleagues. He really liked his colleague but could only take his wife in small doses.
She had a habit of making clumsy remarks in the past but this latest comment is in a league of its own. Safe to say I don’t look to her for help or company.
I think it’s so sad so many of us are continually hurt by careless remarks. Xx

I know that’s true
I really wish now when she said I was hoping it would be the week after because I’m going away
I should have said well I was really hoping there wasn’t going to be a funeral at all
What a b####

2 Likes