UNDERSTANDING

We often talk about someone not understanding how we feel. I had this from a dear friend.
“Although I haven’t been through it myself, I understand how difficult and painful it is and that losing the love of your life would have to be the worst kind of pain ever and it isn’t something one ever really recovers from. It might get easier in time, but I don’t think it’s something you ever fully recover from. Grief definitely isn’t something that can be rushed or something that you can just get over. There is no time frame for grieving and how long it takes it takes and the way a person copes with it varies from person to person. And of course there are going to be things you can’t face; like sitting out in the garden where the two of you used to sit or visiting her grave or even looking at her paintings because it hurts too much. Just do what feels right for you and go at a pace that is comfortable and right for you. You might be able to attempt these things when it’s not so raw and even if you’re never able to, then that’s OK. Only do or attempt things if or when you’re ready. And remember, you don’t have to go through anything alone. You will always have someone willing and wanting to hold your hand and be right by your side and support you all the way through. Sorry, I know you don’t need to be told all that has been said and especially by someone who has never been through this themselves”

Thank God for friends like that. .

2 Likes

Amazing insight from a true friend…thank you for sharing x

Two and a half years after my husband died and those words are spot on. It does get easier to do things that once were incredibly painful but I do believe that I will never get over it, ridiculous idea.