Unknown Cause

We lost our beautiful daughter in November. She had been vomiting. Was in hospital for 14 hours discharged home where she had a cardiac arrest. How can a fit and healthy young person with no underlying health conditions just die in 2 days. On top of grieving we are having to fight for answers from the hospital who appear to be lacking in compassion or empathy. No duty of candour no transparency. All we want is to understand.

5 Likes

Hello @Purple18,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

2 Likes

Hi my name is alun, my son passed away just over a year ago he had a brain tumor which took him, I completely understand you when u search for answers and they get washed away like dirt on a path, I am not very good at this but I would like you to no you are not alone, although it completely feels that way, I won’t lie it doesn’t get easier you just learn to exist I hope you get the answers u need if anything just to put you at ease,

1 Like

Hi Alun thank you so much for reaching out i really value it!. Im so sorry to hear about your son. Some days i feel energised for justice and to fight for answers and other days i spend the day sobbing. The lack of compassion and empathy towards us and our daughter is so hard to take as my daughter always showed such love and kindness to everyone who knew her and stood up for those who had no voice. Her death can not be just accepted. I also have 2 other children who im anxious about their health all the time. I haven’t returned to work yet. Im not sure when i can.

Hi, I know exactly how you feel anything and everything sets you off, as for unanswered questions that’s something we will always have, I just hope that you can find a piece of happiness and find your own rainbow

1 Like

I get the need to understand why your daughter is no longer with you, it’s an enormous loss so of course you need to know why especially as there were no underlying health issues. I lost my son after he had open heart surgery, which he had before so we all thought he would recover. He never came off the ventilator and 27 days later he was gone. I don’t understand how the hospital kept missing things but when we queried this they suddenly clammed up.

1 Like

Hi everyone I’ve just joined the group today…
I’ve browsed through some of the messages of your sad loss…
I feel the pain your all going through after the loss :broken_heart: of my partner of 22 years passed in June 23…
…I hope to connect the self help services available
With all the information that is on this platform.
I hope to communicate with some of you later on when I’m ready…for now I already know that I’m not alone with this overwhelming :pensive: pain I wish you all comfort from this group…
Best wishes… lyn

3 Likes

Hi Lyndsey not gonna say u ok. Because I no you aren’t, just want you to no that you are not alone although it feels like that,in time you will be able to talk etc and just so you no this community really cares, we’re all in the same boat so when your ready reach out,I hope you have a peaceful night and yeah here if you need.

Always someone to talk to when your times ready,take care