Unresponsive partner

Had a really tough day.
My mum’s next door neighbour diet on Friday am from cancer.
My dad died suddenly from an aneurysm in October.
And today had to go to a wake, wno funeral for mum and dad’s neighbour.
I tried to talk to husband tonight about my dad, how i miss him, want him, and feel lost and empty, and he’s listened a bit and GONE TO SLEEP.
I am all over the olace cant sleep, can’t settle, feel empty. What should I do???

1 Like

Hi Sarah,
I experienced the same with my husband when I lost 2 close relatives within a week. He just could not cope with my grief. At one point he said ‘shouldn’t you be over this by now?’
However, at that point he hadn’t lost any of his own relatives and hated anyone being ‘over emotional’. He just didn’t know how to deal with it. He has since lost both parents and knows just how it feels. It’s often not that they don’t care, it’s that they don’t know how to. I’m sure that your grief is something he doesn’t know how to process. Like everyone in here, I’m also struggling with grief, so this is a safe space to let out your feelings. Not the same as a physical hug or a partner to understand, but know you are not alone. We all understand xx

1 Like

Hi lovely,
Sorry for the sudden losses you’ve had to go through.
My mum died suddenly from a brain aneurysm back in February this year, I was really close to my mum and I miss her like mad everyday. I take comfort in the fact she was very spiritual and that although I can’t see her I know she’s around, doing life in a different way. I talk to her all the time whether I’m alone in the car, out walking the dog or just sat at home talking to an empty chair. I find it helps but I know it’ll never be the same. Your partner sounds like hes not quite sure of the right words to say to you, you’ve had a lot going on quite suddenly and it’s keeping your mind awake and active during night time, over thinking/playing scenarios. You could always ask your partner to hold you and not say anything just let u cry and be there to offer arms of comfort. I’m not quite sure what the right advice would be for not sleeping properly but my inbox is always open for chats.