Unsettled feeling in tummy

I lost my dad in May, we had the funeral last week. I don’t know what I expected grief to feel like.

He wasn’t perfect, but he was my dad. I have this horrible sicky unsettled feeling in my tummy. I suppose your parents are each half the reason you exist, so when they’re gone, it affects you to your core.

When does it start getting easier?

1 Like

So sorry for your loss. It’s just the worst thing to lose a parent isn’t it.

I lost my mum 2 and a half weeks ago and have also been suffering with that feeling, it’s actually anxiety. I was prescribed short term medication yesterday and referred to the mental health team so I’m hoping that will help. Maybe speak to your doctor, there’s nothing wrong with asking for help.

I can’t advise as to when it starts to easier but keep coming onto here and talking to people, it’s great for company speaking to people in the same situation and some people have said they start to have more good days as time goes on which makes me optimistic. I don’t think you ever get over it, you just learn how to live with it.

Lucy x

I’m so sorry for your loss.
I lost my dad unexpectedly on august 11th 2020.
First…., everyone grieves differently.
There isn’t really an answer to your question.
But I do understand your question.
I didn’t give myself time to grief in the first few months even the first year (I thought I had to stay strong for my family). I started after 1,5 years and I’m still grieving.
I feel a lot better after counseling and stopped it for the next summer months but I can always sent a message.
And ask for a meeting if I want one again.
But again…., everybody deals with and griefs differently.
This is what helped me but that doesn’t mean it will help you or that you think that I put you in the direction of counseling.
But it was what helped me personally.
Hope you feel better soon.

Janine.