Useful science

I know these feeling are difficult to understand. And many do not make sense but in trying to understand I’ve been reading some interesting articles. I really miss the physical touch of my husband. A hug, a cuddle an the sofa. Not talking about sexual contact, just the everyday physical contact. This link shows that physical contact can help us in our grief. https://www.vision.org/give-sorrow-more-words-neuroscience-grieving-905
Sadly for those of us who have lost our partners, we have lost the person who would normally have touched us the most. We all need a hug and a cuddle to get us through these times xxx if you’ve read a good article which has helped in your grief please post it in reply, it might help somebody else x

Hi This is an excellent article and well worth a read. I also moved onto ‘Related Contents’ and they was equally interesting especially ‘The pain of letting go after life’…
Pleased it brought up the help that exercise can give us. I like exercise and always trying to encourage others to get moving it really does work if only for a short time…

Today I bumped into an elderly man that I have known for years. Not a close friend just a local I would stop and have a chat with. He called me over and told me he had lost his wife of many years recently. More than ever now I know his pain. I gave him a hug, something I would never have done a year ago. I’m not a huggy person. I will be going to see him as he is alone. Not because I’m being good but I can so relate to that poor man’s pain now.
Thankyou for thinking of us.

Pat xxx

2 Likes

You don’t say whether you have any pets, if you don’t and you are able, I would strongly urge you to rescue a dog. My 2 little dogs were a lifeline for me when I lost my husband. They are always there for you, happy to see you and they don’t judge.

Agree 100% my dogs have also saved me. They cuddle me at night, funny little things they won’t sleep with each other as not the best of friends but I can feel them changing places during the night as if they are making sure I am all right. They make me get out of bed and go for a walk when I would rather lie there and ‘die’. Their love is amazing and the house never seems empty.

hi Pat,that was a wonderful thing you did.wish I could find some one local who can totally empathise with what im going through saves having to try justify what im feeling and why etc etc…
regards
ian

I’d love a dog but I work full time. I borrow a dog on weekends and it is nice because he loves a cuddle. For now I will just have make do with hugging friends and maybe one day if I can change my job I could get a dog.

https://aspirace.com/grief-and-mourning-gone-awry-pathway-and-course-of-complicated-grief/

Hi folks. Here’s another good article about complicated grief. There are those amongst us who are struggling with this I think. There are things that can help.