Valentines Day

I miss my husband everyday but we always made a big thing out of Valentines Day, here’s my poem I wrote for him today to help me through:

Happy Valentine’s Day Sweetheart :heart:

You’d spoil me with flowers, chocolates & champagne
I find it hard to imagine that you’ll never do this again
You made this day so very special each & every year
I know today you’ll be by my side & I will feel you near
You are the Love of My life and forever My Valentine
I am so very lucky that your heart will always be mine
Our love knows no bounds it travels beyond the stars
This day is about love & there’s no greater love than ours

Love you to the moon & back, My Derek, My one :heart:xxx

6 Likes

That’s lovely! It’s my first one without my one and only Gerry. I have as usual decorated the front windows with hearts, I had to part with the valentines decorations we had to a charity shop but found two heart hangings that we had never used and put them up. 6 o’clock this morning I put up some coloured lights round all the plants that are also in the windows and switched them on! People often say they love to see the windows decorated, we did it Christmas, Easter, Halloween and Day of the Dead, and we had loads of rainbows. Gerry used to say we had the craziest windows and that he was lucky to have the crazy wife that put up with him and loved him. So let’s remember them in our own way and do them proud today. Take care everyone. X

4 Likes

Hi JanetT
What a wonderful idea, I think I’ll do this today. I try to find different ways of marking the day to make it not feel so lonely.
Remembering our love is a great way of getting through.
Take care x

2 Likes

I hope you are all coping as best you can today I feel exhausted from sobbing so much My daughter just rung me asking if I’ll be alright today I said no absolutely not my house is so empty without him. I just hope one day I can think of my Tim and smile happy memories and not break down with this pain in my heart and stomach. I never realised it would hurt this much.
Tim used to say every day is Valentine’s Day with you.

Julie

6 Likes

Morning all
Haven’t slept just sobbing
Going to go cemetery soon
Miss Andy so much
Take care Debbie x

4 Likes

So lovely xxx

1 Like

Sending hugs to you Debbie.
I’m going down to the cemetery soon. I’ll be taking a champagne toast with me as we always celebrated with fizz. One of the hardest things is we had just downsized before he passed away and we had to get rid of a lot of stuff. We disposed of all our cards as we obviously thought we’d be sending many more to each other. Thankfully I kept the first Valentines card he sent after we were married so I can put that up x

2 Likes

@Quarterman valentines day is another difficult first and I certainly know that silent empty house as I also live in one. I think today might have to be a long walk day

5 Likes

That’s so lovely. I’m struggling today, my Ray was doing well after his operation and we had such hopes for the future. Now I’m alone and feel so sad without him, he was the love of my life. I have been for a walk but the day seems so long. Take good care all of you.

3 Likes

Hi Sue
I too was told my Tim was improving but 12 hours later he deteriorated so quick I find it impossible to get my head round any of it and spend my days and nights sobbing for him. I have found comfort on this site knowing other people here understand my pain I hope you also find this comfort
Lots of hugs

3 Likes

Thank you for your lovely note. It’s so good to share my pain with someone who really understands. It’s so hard and there are so many things I want to say and know I can’t anymore. But you all know!

4 Likes

That’s so lovely Janet…

I just feel I had to tell you all this amusing story. My Ron never bothered much about Valentines day as he said it was too commercial. One year I told him I loved roses and he bought me a padded card with Roses on. He said it had cost him over £30. I couldn’t believe that but he told the story to everyone until I found out he had parked the car at the front of card shop and was in so long that he got a parking ticket. We were also together for several years and he always said that it didn’t matter about marriage, as long as we loved each other. So on Valentines day one year I told him I had a surprise for him. I hung his best suit and a white shirt on the door and decorated all the house, and I wrote him a poem about us getting married. He was absolutely panic stricken because he thought I had booked the registry office. It worked though cos we soon celebrated our engagement in Spain and got married in 1998. We were together for 20 lovely years after that until he died in 2018. I still have the card that he bought me.

6 Likes

That’s great Angiejo! We had only been together two months when it was leap year. Gerry asked me if I was going to ask him anything. I assumed he was joking, but when he asked me to get married a few months later, he said he had hoped I would ask him. Take care everyone x

3 Likes