Valentine's day

I don’t want my life to go on

1 Like

Steven stay strong it will get better. I’m sure your partner would want you to remember them with the good memories.so in memory of their love battle through ,and yes it is a battle but one I’m sure they would want you to fight. Of you need to talk on here

Thank you. I’m trying to stay strong but I can’t shake this feeling I have.

1 Like

I know , I’ve been on the journey, still am. My wife was my strength still is so I fight on. Don’t bottle up your feelings talk to friends and family get out for a walk if you can that helped me enourmously.

1 Like

We always celebrated valentines in a big way. I was at my gorgeous darling’s bedside in the hospice on valentines day last year, made her a lovely card with photos of when we met, bought her 44 red roses… How can she be gone?

3 Likes

Yes, I know, what you mean, the shops are full of Valentine cards etc.I walk past trying not to look, but impossible, to do, really, to be honest me and my Husband didnt really do much on Valentines day, in the way of celebrating, but it brings it home, that hes not here anymore,. I lost him last July 2022, so its the first of everything, Xmas, birthdays, would have been our Ruby wedding in April, I find it hard to go to his grave,at anytime,or look at photos, I suppose its only 6months, early days, cant believe I
havent seen or spoke to my Husband in that time, after nearly 40years wed, .this is a hard road we are on ,all of us on here, I cry lots, and I do feel a bit better after that, Ive realised that theres no real easy way of getting through it, but take each day as it comes, good days, bad days, and let these Valentines days etc, pass by,stay strong, all x

1 Like

This will be my first Valentines without my partner. I was open to surprise her as it was my turn to cook this year but I just don’t know what to do with myself is Valentine’s Day was quite special to both of us

1 Like

@Wolfie1201 yes, all the firsts are going to be so hard. It’s my first Valentine’s Day too. Although we didn’t do a lot, Richard was very careful in selecting just the right card with lovely wording.
It’s one situation I haven’t found a memorial card for where I have looked. Don’t know if anyone else has managed to look - which in itself is so difficult.

Hugs to all xxx

1 Like

Valentine’s Day is for loved up couples married or otherwise. It’s not people like me who are in a so called relationship where there is no romance and where we both lost our mums

I married 14/02/1985 so valentines day holds a special memory. But I’m a widow now so it’s really painful as my husband died suddenly from an accident at work 16/08/2006 and I never got to say goodbye. We had so many plans together for our lives and the grief continues so I avoid card shops at this time.

1 Like

I know your pain. My husband died two years ago. He proposed with two daffodils on Valentine’s Day. He bought me a bunch a week thereafter. I miss him so much. Life will never be the same. Todays been a difficult day. My babe has been on my mind more today. I talk to him every day and always will. Sending a hug x

1 Like

Well Valentine’s Day means much less to me today than it did over 6 years ago when I lost my mum especially as I bought my partner roses and large box of chocolates and a card to. I didn’t even get so much as a card at all. Her excuse when I said where’s my card was and I repeat exactly what she said but words like sorry you know im on my backside meaning she didn’t have the money. It beggars belief so in another words she couldn’t find say 2quid or less for a card not even use her limited imagination and make a card. It’s the thought that counts not the amount you spend. This is where I say she’s going right way to losing me because I feel I mean so little to her.
Suffice to say it’s bad enough I have lost my mum but to add more salt into my wound by not giving me a card doesn’t beggar belief

1 Like

I had a card from my two little dogs bless at least someone loves me :rose:

3 Likes

My son gave me flowers, he did last year too as his dad wasn’t here to do it.
I haven’t the heart to tell him we didn’t really do valentine’s day, as Doug used to buy me flowers all the time.
Bless him, he is finding it really hard losing his dad.

3 Likes

Hi everybody on Valentines day.It can mean different things and emotions to us all.My hubby died 12 years ago on Feb18th.We had exchanged cards for over 40 years so each year the two we bought that week I bring out looking at them now not too sloppyjust nice.When his dad died our only son always wished me happy Valentines with 2 kisses one from him and one from his dad.Our lovely son passed away 9th March last year my grief sadness loss is overwhelming.However today even though my tears have still been flowing I have lovely thoughts of my two men on past Valentines. I joined my niece and her young son today for lunch they gave me a single red rose and chocs so nice.I will go cem Sat my hubbys anniv and place rose there have a chat to my 2 boys.Seeing my sons name there is particurlarly hard.He shouldnt have gone before me.Love hugs kisses to you all xx

4 Likes

So hard on you @Marg1 losing both your men.
Hugs xxx

So sorry for your recent loss it’s hard coping but try to remember the good times