Waiting and waiting

I am feeling the same can’t breathe when I think of him and tiptoeing around the house as if I don’t belong there thanks for listening x

2 Likes

Sending you love and strength it’s so hard x

1 Like

Grief is love with nowhere to go I read this somewhere how true xxx

4 Likes

Liz7 that is so true its just so physically painful though isn’t it :cry:

1 Like

I say again mornings for me are an absolute nightmare don’t know what I’m supposed to do without Steve we did our own things but I knew he would be back soon.After being married for 51yrs I’m finding this unbearable I feel I can’t breathe properly I keep thinking he will come back can’t stop crying how do we get through such grief

1 Like

Dear Christine I feel the same 50 yrs married can’t breathe can’t sleep hate eating alone haven’t got the warmth of him near me I miss that so much just having him here his warmth the lovely smell of him I smell his clothes sometimes but that smell is fading. 🥲 2 yrs. feels like a lifetime xxx best wishes

1 Like

Dear Jodel712,
I so relate to pretending is exhausting but I don’t know what the alternative is. I think that if I keep pretending then it will all come right and I have tried everything. Volunteering . walking group, meeting up with a friend for coffee, aromartherapy oils, reflexology, bereavement counselling and so on and on… It’s just masking the disbelief of what happened nearly 3 years ago to my lovely husband. So sad when I read how many people are feeling this way but it does help to know that you’re not alone . Mornings are awful as it all comes flooding back and you start another day…
If only we had a magic wand…
Love and light Jenny.

2 Likes

I didn’t appreciate Steve enough which makes me feel guilty I had his funeral on Tuesday and each day is getting worse I miss him so much never thought grief could be this bad it’s all consuming.Thank you for talking to me

Hi Kath,I know I need to stop thinking negatively and remember all the great times and there were a lot,yes it’s a massive wake up call never knew grief could hurt so much,life without Steve seems impossible only had his funeral on Tuesday its like being in a nightmare

I can’t really say to anyone else, understanding & concerned as they are about me. That’s why I need to post here.
This week saw two big birthdays & they were flat at the very least, despite valiant efforts to show enjoyment or any semblance of congratulations
My husband would have had us all laughing, he was so funny, a master at wind up.
He was is & always will be missed each time we come together
Next birthday is tomorrow, for our nephew who will turn 20 & has never known a birthday without my husband being there, holding him on the day he was born & being there all his life.
This is just too hard, I’m just not up for this, for life without him. For its not a life at all, its a fragile facade & it’s so exhausting.
Can anyone else feel their hearts almost beating right out of their chest?

2 Likes

Margaret,I’m dreading any anniversary without my husband he’s been with me since I was 16yrs old and yes I feel my broken heart beating out of my chest sometimes I feel I can’t breathe, life is over x

3 Likes

Mine stopped beating when his did.

6 Likes

Like you barb11 my heart stopped beating same time as my husbands now left with immense pain in heart but no beat x

3 Likes

Dear Maigret, yes I can feel my heart beating out out of my chest every morning when I wake up and have to face another day. I am not looking forward to my birthday in November my 3rd without Pete and our trip to the seaside for the day walking on the beach hand in hand and a sandwich and a cuppa in a cafe… and don’t mention Christmas, we usually had all the family around to our house and Pete would cook the dinner as it was a passion of his. Can’t imagine what he would make of my eating habits now, ready meals and tins and like you it’s all so exhausting to say the least.
Love and light, Jenny

3 Likes

Yes and I have to breathe differently to stop me crying
Thanks for listening

3 Likes

I just read a post which said if this situation we are in was anything else, we would have given up. Walked away, distanced ourselves from such utter hopelessness of finding a new normal.
Tablet, sleep hopefully, then wakening up constantly during the night, then another morning another day without my love. Its crushing my heart.
So many things left unsaid, like forgive me, I’m sorry.

2 Likes

I sometimes hear a car door slam outside and for just an instant I think he’s home. It’s been 15 months and the loneliness gets worse. I’m lucky to be still working but evenings and weekends drag by as I do my best to fill them. I force myself to go to social outings but I have to pretend to be happy as other people’s lives move on they expect mine to as well.

4 Likes

Don’t stop crying. That’s how we heal.

1 Like

I gave most of my husbands clothes (I kept some just for the smell of him) to Sue R yder charity shop I never used them before and they were brilliant and every few months they would let me know how much they had made when they were sold for their charity I felt so much better knowing he had helped somebody else Thanks for listening xx

2 Likes