Wallop

It is now over a year since my wife passed.
I know I will never get over it but thought I was coming to terms with it. Then wallop something come up and brings it all back when your are least expecting it

4 Likes

I have been widowed for 14 months now. Sometimes I feel better and can laugh at things then other times I feel so lost and fretful, insecure and negative about my life’s chances. Just a tiny remembrance can set me off, or the memory of his last few days. Other people don’t understand and family are no better. I’m only lonely for one person which cannot be cured.
Tricia

4 Likes

Hello Tricia,

I’m so sorry you lost your lovely husband, as you say, no one else can fill the hole left by his absence. No matter how much time passes, grief is never far away. I’m sure your post helped, keep talking on here it’s so good to share.

best wishes

Michelle x

1 Like

Brian345 I know exactly what you mean it’s been 16 months since I lost my,Rob and like you say you get a day when you think your doing ok and coming to term with things then one thing puts you right back to square one .
I’m finding it harder now I’m further down the line I don’t know if it’s that it’s more confirmation that he’s not coming back , it I feel I was doing better a few months back I just hope and pray it picks up coz I don’t know how much more I can take on this lonely journey.
I’m not enjoying life at the moment and I know for sure that Rob wouldn’t want that but it is what it is I suppose .
Keep smiling and do the best you can that I’m afraid is all we can do xxx

2 Likes

Hi Tricia yes I know what you mean , I lost my husband 11 months ago. Some days I am fine and laugh at most things others I can weep for hrs. I can’t seem to be able to make a decision about things and if I am out I can’t wait to get home to the security of my own house. It’s worse when I go to bed not sleeping well at all just keep going over things in my mind. I am just so lonely and the one person I want isn’t here anymore. Ang

2 Likes

Thank you for replying. It just helps to know someone else has read my sad story. I like to think I’m strong but I’m no better than anyone else. I will get there eventually but it’s talking longer than I thought.
Tricia

1 Like

Hi Brian345 I am 14 months in and although the grief isn’t raw, it doesn’t go away, it’s just different, think they call it acceptance. This reality doesn’t put you in the best place. Then something crops up and you are back a few months, it’s a bumpy journey this grief trip. I just take a week at a time and see where I am, it’s a lonely existence now but I am hoping it will get better. Look after yourself.

3 Likes

It does Brian lost my lovely husband 14month ago some days I cope but sometimes I don’t it’s grieving take care annie

1 Like