We were a perfect match

Me and Richard never spoke about what the other would do if one was to lose the other but my Richard did say he would not look for anyone else, think to be honest, i was enough to put him off…all he wanted was me, and for me to want him…I used to rib him that we were a mismatch yet we came together and in hindsight we were perfect for each other…and hand on heart i will never find another Richard ( surname )…he was the best person to ever come into my life, for God to have loaned to me…and i loaned to him for the best 20 years of my-our lives…Richard was - is a very special person indeed, one i feel very proud to have known and to have shared the best part of my life with…i will never ever forget him…never…I keep telling God He has a good man up there and to please, please look after him as I cant do that anymore…

Jackie…

1 Like

Mismatch, as in " chalk and cheese " his best qualities were my worst and vice versa…i am the talkative, the flustered, he was the quiet-laid back and calm one…

Dear Jackie,
Stan and I were very different, I was the talkative one whilst he used to sit and think. My sense of humour was completely different from his, yet we got on like a house on fire, he had a brilliant brain whilst mine is average. He also had a photographic memory, fortunately he has passed his brain capacity to our grandson, who graduated at Cambridge University ten years ago. Our daughter and son in law are very bright as is our son, I can remember Stan bringing home a pile of instruction books about computer programming, he sat and read through all of them, when he had finished, he put them to one side and told me that he could remember everything which he had read. Blimey, I wished that I had had the same brain as he had. Stan was a very modest man and our dear friend who conducted his funeral said that he had learned more about him than he had known in 30 years of friendship. I have given his gold medal, which he was awarded for being the top student of his year, I didn’t know a thing about it until I saw a write-up and his photograph in our local paper. I was always so proud of him. x x

Mary…
… it is strange really, we live with someone for so many years yet find out something we didn’t know…as for me, i had always known Richard had played for his local football team, no not the well known one but from a young age, it was only after his death when i was going through his saved old pieces of local newspaper cuttings that he had indeed been his teams football manager and his name and photo was shown with him proudly holding the large cup…
Yes i was the talkative one, my Richard was so laid back, a private man, never worried about tomorrow, never talked about the past, just lived for today, he also was not a worrier, or if he was he would not show it, and i can only guess now, was because he didn’t want to worry me nor his family, as it was only after his death that i came across one of his emails sent to one of his nephews telling them of his upcoming open heart surgery that at some point was going to take place, he had told them " not to worry, as it is normal procedure today…" i of course am reading between the lines that Richard was worrying but if he was, he would never had admitted it nor talked about it to anyone…i know he would have not wanted me to worry, but of course i did…

My Colin was the same Jackie he used to tell me to ’ Be a warrior not a worrier’ well I am certainly having to be a warrior since I lost him :cry:
V x

Jackie and Mrs Colt,
It would appear that the three of them were out of the same mould. x x