Wedding distraction

I got engaged on Christmas day 2017 and then 5 days later my grandma died. Since then I’ve just thrown myself into planning our wedding. I have now come to the realisation I never gave myself time to grieve and I’ve always tried to keep myself busy. It’s affected me way than I thought. We’ve decided to cancel the wedding for now as I don’t think strong enough yet to get married without her. Sometimes the pain of missing her gets too much. I’m hoping without having the wedding as a distraction I can finally start learning to deal with it.

1 Like

Dear Hannah,
You poor lass, this should be the happiest time of your life, instead you will always associate it with grief for your grandma. I am so sorry. I hope that you can come to terms with your loss, you have come to the right place, nobody wants to be here but you will receive compassion and understanding. Grandparents are very special, my husband died 14 months ago and our grandson still hasn’t come to terms with it, he and his granddad were such good friends too.
Take care, stay safe,
Blessings,
MaryL

2 Likes

Thank you, that’s really nice. I’m so sorry to hear about your husband. Take care xx

2 Likes

Hi I’d try and take comfort from the fact that she knew you were engaged. That must have brought her joy

2 Likes

Thank you, Hannah, how are you feeling?

1 Like

Hi Mary, I’m feeling ok at the moment thank you. I’m allowing myself to think about her more and not push away my feelings. How’re you?

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. You will know when it is the right time to get married do not stress about it. And sometimes grieving right after it has happened isn’t always the right thing for an individual. You will greave when the time is right. My wedding got postponed end of march due to covid…I was so upset. Then two weeks later my uncle died then my nana then two week ago my grandad. I’m glad my wedding was postponed as it wouldn’t have been right to get married so soon after my uncles death. But now I’m gutted it didn’t happen as my grandad will now no longer be at my wedding…if it happened in June as planned he would have been there :joy::joy:

N[quote=“Hanrw9, post:6, topic:32323, full:true”]
Hi Mary, I’m feeling ok at the moment thank you. I’m allowing myself to think about her more and not push away my feelings. How’re you?

Not too bad, thank you.

1 Like

Aw no that’s really sad. I’m really sorry to hear this I hope you’re doing ok :heart: