Wedding Ring

Can fully understand, I have my wife’s rings on my necklace along wife my ring, I too pondered long and hard on what to do with my ring. My wife’s hands and fingers increased in size during her final days of her cancer battle and I and my daughters agreed that my wife and there mum wouldn’t want these to be cut off so we removed them and placed them around her wrist until she passed away when they went around my necklace, it just feels right for me that she is still close to me in some way.
Hope this has helped but ultimately it’s what you feel is comforting for yourself

Hi Trevor. Can understand where you are. I to, like Davecat87, have my late wifes wedding ring on a chain around my neck. Its what she wanted.
I placed it on her finger 46 years ago. In that time the ring has seen everything during our marriage. From, all the changing and cleaning of nappies raising three kids, making thousands of meals, seen good times and awful times ect ect. It holds thousands of loving memories, which i now have the privilege of having close to my heart for as long as i live…John

2 Likes

Nothing u do about it wife’s wedding ring is stupid it’s wot u feel is right for you my wife passed away in April to cancer and I wear my wife’s wedding ring on a chane around my neck so it’s close to my heart where always has been and always will be i hope this has helped you

Hello Trevor,
You should do whatever will bring you the greatest comfort. I was asked if I wanted my husbands’ rings, wedding and eternity and I knew I did. I had them adjusted and wear them every day. They bring me great comfort and make me feel close to him. My Dad on the other hand wanted mum to keep her wedding ring but when we talk I get the feeling that he wishes he’d kept it now as something to hold onto. Listen to your heart follow that and you won’t go wrong.

I agree with everyone that it is a personal choice how you deal with the ring. Like Jay-A, I wear my husband’s ring on my ring finger. It’s too large but it’s held in place by my own ring. I’ve never seen this but it feels right to me.

I agree with everyone that it is a personal choice how you deal with the ring. Like Jay-A, I wear my husband’s ring on my ring finger. It’s too large but it’s held in place by my own ring. I’ve never seen this but it feels right to me.

My husband passed very suddenly just before Christmas 2021, I put his wedding ring on his chain which I wear. I have now put both my rings on there too so they are together and close to my heart.

1 Like

My husband was cremated, so couldn’t wear his wedding ring, I have it in my memory box with all his other precious things. When I die, our son will have his dad’s wedding ring and our daughter will have my wedding and engagement rings.