Weeding...

Selfie off :)))

Sorry for the mistake and getting you both mixed up. Things happening too fast and I was laughing. I was also going out and in a rush. Please forgive my senior moment. Anyway I hope you’ve all been out in your gardens. Keep me laughing please. Pat xxx

Dodged the gardening all day today, Pat. Came in tonight. Put the tv on to be met with none other than Alan Titchmarsh and his ‘love your garden’ programme starring back at me. I feel like my life is being taken over by gardens. I’m sure aliens would be much less bother. Although if I listen to YorkshireLad there’s aliens amongst the weeds. In the form of atoms. That said, he also talks to sheep… Eye roll emoji…:slight_smile:

You and Pat have made me smile this morning. I hate gardening but will tackle my weeds this week and look forward to feeling smug when I have finished.
Susan x

Hello Everyone

The sun is peeping out and having read all the latest posts I feel inspired to get out and weed! They have all shot up during this rainy spell!
Yesterday was a tough, lump in the throat, try and control yourself kinda day. So coupled with another bad nights sleep maybe it will be calming to get out and just be in the garden. Difficult as Peter loved and planted it all and nurtured it. I just took it for granted and enjoyed being there with him chatting and planning for the future!

So all those thoughts and conversations return to make me sad now, not elated or excited for what was to come.

Hope I don’t disturb any atoms!!

Xxx

Thanks so much everyone.
I’ve had a good laugh reading these posts and can relate to the kneeler.
I have one stuck at the back of the shed.
Although I do prefer my trusty hoe,

Love Sandra xx

Good morning Sandra. It’s feels good to laugh, doesn’t it? We can never forget the reason we have all found each other but to have a little respite from the agony we suffer feels good. I need a thread like this one occasionally. After the terrible weather yesterday I’m hoping to get in the garden today. My husband hated gardening. If he’d had his way, he would have concreted the lot and parked cars on it. Sending love xx

1 Like

I love the banter. A sense of humour often peeks through from many of you. YorkshireLad in particular often succeeds in bringing a smile to my face as did Edwin. We haven’t heard from Edwin for a while so hopefully he’s doing ok. So many of you have had such an impact on me and my thoughts and I thank you. Xx

Well folks, especially you Pattidot, I set myself a target if you remember, to complete the weeding by the end of May and, I did it! In fact I peaked 3 days early :wink: For the first time today since my husbands death at the end of January, I feel that our garden is very close to the standard it was always kept by the man himself. Oh yes!!! I cannot tell you how pleased I am. I was disappointed and upset with myself every time I looked at it and whether ridiculous or not I felt I was letting him down. Well, not any more. I heard him pecking my head, he was right there, encouraging me and giving me the will to carry on and carry on I did. Mission accomplished:) and, just for the record Pattidot my enthusiasm for this pastime hasn’t increased in the slightest but yes, I will keep the standard he set from this day forward and hopefully it will be a much easier task in the future as well as taking much less of my time keeping on top of it.

I’m proud of me right now. I feel a gin & tonic coming on… Cheers beautiful people :)) x

You should be proud. I am still struggling with the garden but will keep on I hope

If I can, anyone can. Seriously xx

1 Like

Very well done, give yourself a big pat on the back. I told you it was therapeutic and although you see it as hard work, go on, admit it you feel suitably satisfied with your efforts which is a good feeling. Although I have the allotments I haven’t been able to get stuck in at home. It’s been said that I miss us working together but to be honest Brian and I had different idea’s about the garden so when we got married, with both of us used to having our own gardens we separated the garden, put up an arch, gate and fence and each had our own end. Brian said I couldn’t cross his side to get to the shed and I said he couldn’t cross mine to get to his half. People laughed at us. It was over twenty years before the separation came to an end and then I usually did the lot unless I needed help. We had an allotment each, again the reason being that we had different idea’s about gardening and would fall out. Now I am looking after his allotment as well as my own and aware that I must keep it up together as it could be taken off me if I can’t cope. I feel him there looking over my shoulder and just hope his crops are a success.
Pat xx

Believe me when I tell you Pat you were an inspiration to me xxx

Clapping hands emoji…

1 Like