Week 7

I have had a horrid day today!
Week 7 since my dear husband Chris passed, sudden heart attack!
The distress , the loneliness, it is so painful,

1 Like

Hi, my husband passed away 6 weeks ago on his birthday, he passed away in his sleep, heart attack, just so lost, we were together 50 years, just cannot see it getting any easier, as you say it is so painful xx

2 Likes

Chris and I were together 50 years this year , married 43 years, this is torture on earth!
I feel so wretched and lost! People and life are moving on, feel stuck in this grief,

It’s been 14 months since I lost my husband suddenly in bed beside me. He hadn’t been feeling well for a while and was going for tests but never in a million years did we think he was dying :cry:. The shock I’m afraid is something we will never get over. Those early hours of the morning when I tried to revive until the paramedics arrived will live with me forever - it seems like yesterday. I admit I don’t cry everyday like I used to but there are down days when I want to curl up and die myself. If isn’t wasn’t for my children and grandchildren I would have crumbled. All I can say is hold tight you’re in for a very bumpy ride.

Much love :heart:
Georgina

1 Like

Like you i have our children and grandsons, they are being so good, the grief seems to ebb and flow at random times , losing my Chris at 63 years of age seems so cruel, he will never know the freedom of retirement, nor complete things we had planned, life is just so damned unfair, I am afraid of the future without him besides me x

I agree like your husband my John died at 65 - six months before retirement and we had so many plans. It is so unfair :pensive: instead we just have to plod on don’t we. I am trying so hard to live what live I have left the best way I can but it’s so hard without your life long partner by your side isn’t it. Each day brings a different challenge. At the moment I have a chest infection and feeling sorry for myself. This is the first time I have been poorly on my own but the washing is piling up so I need to tackle that whatever. I’ll be ok but I know John would have tucked me up and made sure I was ok.
All the best.
Georgina

1 Like

I hope you are feeling a little better today, another day xx

I know exactly what you mean……My wife of 28 years passed away 8 days ago…….I’m just so alone ,it’s a very scary path we are all going on,please feel free to chat with me…………I’m on my own all day from tomorrow big brother going back to work,and I’ve got no other support network,yes neighbours have been great,but I’m alone.At 52 years of age,I never thought this would happen to me,and like you,I think they going to come in the door any time

1 Like

Hi I’m so sorry for your loss it’s very early days for you it will get easier but takes a long time but I think you never feel the same , my husband to be passed last year we were due to marry 6 weeks after he died , it’s very lonely at times it’s starting to get a bit easier but I still cry miss him so much x Yvonne try stay strong I know it’s very hard x

1 Like