Weekend wishes

I wish all of us a peaceful and serene weekend. Hopefully, with a smile and with fewer tears and pain but with loving memories of our loved ones, although we are all going through hard and painful times. Sending love and hugs.

24 Likes

Thank you Anna. Not likely for me. Just received yet another set of forms r through the post. Every set just causes more distress and hurt. It makes him feel further away than ever.

4 Likes

I am so sorry to hear this, Sandra. I still have to sort out company pensions etc. but I take my time. At one stage I might even have to take a solicitor but one step after another. Did they sort out your hearing aid? I still have your butterfly which you sent me with my birthday flowers. I put the butterfly with the cactus my husband gave to me a while ago. It looks very nice. Sending love and hugs.

4 Likes

I have mild hearing loss. The aids have been adjusted to me. Must admit the tele sounds clearer and I can hear the click tick. Also booked my covid/ flu jab plus cab to get me there and back and a home eye test. Dentist was already booked. Was originally for both of us. I am glad my gift left you with something solid. Butterflies seem to have a significant. Forms completed and will go off tomorrow. I have a friend who is an accountant who will help me with the tax form.

4 Likes

It is good when you have someone who can help you with filling in forms. Forms can be such a nightmare. I am glad that Philmore helped me to fill in the forms after Brexit and that I can stay in England now. I arrived in England in January 1995 and lived and worked here since. Only after I met Philmore I stopped working and have been a housewife since.

3 Likes

Thank you Anna. I hope you have a peaceful weekend, too.
Sending hugs x

2 Likes

Well brain fog strikes again. On my online order I meant to order a chicken Caesar salad. I forgot the chicken bit. I have added a bit of Wensleydale and 2 slices of ham I had in the fridge. I must admit it was delicious. Have I invented a new salad?

3 Likes

I just finished a nice big salad. But as I started eating I noticed that I had forgotten to put the tin of Tuna in. Brain fog - the everlasting joy.

1 Like

I’ve also had a salad! Unlike some of the people on this site I have gained weight since loosing my husband because I’ve been eating all sorts of sh**! Need to get the weight off as I’m refusing to buy new clothes! J x

4 Likes

I too have gained weight but I put a lot of this down to coming off diuretics. I also eat rubbish some days

1 Like

I ordered a few days ago a Kebab with salad and a small pizza. I ate a bit of the Kebab and one slice of pizza. I froze the rest of the pizza and finished the Kebab yesterday. It was a nice change from sandwiches, toast, and tins of soup. I am also afraid to put on weight again because I feel better without additional baggage. I am hungry the whole time because of the tablets I am taking and it is an ongoing struggle - and sometimes I am weakening. Sending love and hugs.

@Annaessex I have struggled all my life with my weight! I want to get it off for my New Year holiday so I won’t feel so bad when I meet new people and will just eat what I want while I’m away! I’ve not done so bad this week! J x

2 Likes

I was so skinny as a child that social services came around but I was a very healthy and very active girl. Then I had an operation on my polyps and just started putting on a lot of weight - I think I was about 10 years old and since then I put more weight on. Since then it has been a constant battle. Diets are not working and sport does not really help either. I started losing weight since my husband died - not much but I would say at least one clothes size. Sending love and hugs.

I lost weight in the first few weeks but then I started going to fast food places just to get out of the endless quiet I have at home . So the weight has returned . I cook sometimes for me and my son now .

1 Like