weekends are getting harder

@Sun thank you i know i need to try… i had my counselling today and she said im being too hard on myself and fixating on the rest of my life being dark/negative. but right now its hard to see it any other way? xx

1 Like

Agree with your self assessment. I’m in the same position.
I can’t see a future and I think that’s a natural response and why would you see a future in the early stages if the future was what you had planned with your partner only for it to be removed.
We need a new future but if it’s without our partner it’s hard to be upbeat about it in the early stages of grief. We need a new start x

2 Likes

@Homeform yes and we had so many plans for the future, things to look forward to? we were finally so settled, starting to think of our time as a couple together?? obviously with the kids too but they’re growing up and will ultimately have their own lives… so we planned to travel and just enjoy our life side by side :broken_heart:

1 Like

Can relate to most of your comments
We have both been robbed and our partners have been robbed too

All natural thoughts in this early stage in
my view

My thoughts go out to you

1 Like

Have to agree totally with you.hmHope you see some light soon. It helps to chat contact me any time for you and me

1 Like

Thank you it’s a long haul ahead

1 Like

Homefront
Lost my wife last friday and it already feels like a long haul Les49

1 Like

Mine was just before Christmas Les on the 14th December. Christmas was as horrendous as I suspected it would be and it didn’t dissapoint :blush:
I can talk about it all quite freely any breakdowns I have are indoors where the place is full of triggers it will be Interesting to see how friends are further down the line as this period is somewhat of a honeymoon period it’s all new. People on here still in pain after years . Thoughts are with you . .

Hi @Homeform @Les49
Sorry for both of your losses if is very early days. My husband passed away 8 Jun 23 just over 7 months ago. I have got through some 1st’s anniversary 36 years my birthday 66 christmas new year.
I dont think time helps i have felt bad this week more crying but on my own so no one sees everyone thinks im doing fine i am not. Talking on this forum helps as i can see everyone here is going through the same.
Hopefully you will be able to get support from people here
Take care stay strong
Lynne

3 Likes

Galaxy75
Thanks very much for your message. Talking does hekp a lot Nothing worse than being on your own its a horrible feeling.Take care Les49

1 Like

Homeform
All my triggers are indoors .Even our two dogs are suffering,it’s unbelievable, lookung everywhere for her.I can’t see to the future at the moment .Thoughts with you to Les49

2 Likes