Well wishers

People tell me to be strong.
My Abigail wouldn’t want me to be like this.
Some candles only burn bright for a short time
How would any of these people know?
Imagine living without your children?
Imagine the pain of having no one to buy for or to celebrate
The pain of not knowing why your only daughter who you loved and cherished more than life died
Not just for now but forever
Imagining the celebrations you had and normally have that now are just a memory
Thinking about what your child would be doing now and how excited they’d be and you would be too watching them.
How proud you were.
Then tell me how to be and how to feel.
How I should keep her in my heart when I want her in my arms.
Arghhhh I just want to scream and wake up from this nightmare xx

1 Like

I am so sorry you lost your daughter. I feel and understand your pain. People do not know what to say and they do not realise that all they need to do is acknowledge our loss, give us a hug and just listen.
We are told to be strong. Why? We should grieve in any way we want to. I have cried buckets and I will never apologise for crying for my precious daughter. She’s worth it.
We are told to be kind to ourselves. How? I don’t know. The only way I can think of is to avoid unnecessary upset and pressure but sometimes we still feel that we have to do things that cause this.
Only people that have been here understand. Losing a child of any age is thought to be the most stressful thing in the world.
It was made plain to me by family that I was expected to make an effort to enjoy Christmas as after all I could be on my own.
Of course i appreciate the support but I just wanted to be alone with my thoughts. The day was deeply stressful.
At this point in our journey just putting one foot in front of the other is sufficient.
Just keep talking on here. We all understand.
Sending you hugs. Xx

1 Like