We're do I go.

Hi. Its been six weeks since I lost my wife.
In May we will have been married 40 years.
We met when we were 18 and have never been apart.
I just don’t see were I go from here.
I have 3 children and 4 wonderful grand children.
But all I want is my to be with my wife.
I just don’t see how it is possible to carry on with out her.
And don’t even think a life without her is possible. All I do is cry rivers of tears when I’m alone. And try to put on a brave face in front of others.

1 Like

Hi Fred
So sorry for your loss. It’s a hard journey. Early days for you. Next week 12 months since I lost my husband-in the early stages I wanted to go. I have 2 adult children and a granddaughter it’s because of them I carry on. We do take each day as it comes for me now I don’t think I can’t go on. Wish for nothing more for my husband to be here.
Take care of your self

3 Likes

Hi Fred,
Its been 4 weeks since i suddenly lost my husband. We had been together 35 years and married 25. I understand the rawness of your grief i feel it too. Our families are our support and your wife/my husband would want us to continue being close to them all. I sometimes feel so lonely too but i try to occupy my thoughts with happy moments sometimes difficult and easier said than done but it does help. I carry a meaningful trinket, a necklace, around with me and i use it to ground myself if my thoughts are racing away it seems to help me. It helps me to feel close its almost a comforter. Tears show your love dont be afraid to cry, and also, you dont have to act brave , it helps to talk about and share your feelings, even with strangers.
Look after yourself.
Trisha.

2 Likes

Sheila I love what you have wrote here it reflects my life entirely you could have been writing it for me every single word resonates with my life and what you say is exactly how I feel … thank you so much. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Someone just Texted me.
its like your trying to make life miserable.
If only they new my life can’t get any more miserable than it is.

Hi …I know exactly how you feel it’s been just over 6 months now since I lost the love of my life after 46 years of marriage and have been told recently that I need to get a life and start enjoying myself but these people have no idea how devastated we are and the last thing I want is even a life. I feel that some people think there is a time limit for grieving but not for me there isn’t, I don’t want to be sad and miserable for ever but it will take as long as it takes and if I’m miserable so be it . Stay strong your not alone with your feelings. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Hi ,
Everyday is different. Somedays i sometimes dont even want to get out of bed but i drag myself to work. I put on my brave face, my big girl pants and straighten my crown. I understand your feelings. Its ok to be miserable, but its also ok to be happy. I found happiness at the lovely cripsy frosty morning we had this morning, but sadness that only I was there to appreciate it. I smile listening to music and then out of nowhere the grief hits, any time any place its just there. Take time to grieve , cry , get angry, but also take time for you.
I do hope you feel some comfort and feel a little more at peace with yourself soon. Everyone is individual and copes differently.
Take care, keep strong .
Trish.

3 Likes