What am i supposed to do?

This week had been so hard!
As some of you know not only am I trying to come to terms with the untimely loss of my husband but I also care for my Mum who has terminal throat cancer and my Dad who has Dementia. Well, my Dads dementia seems to be progressing quite rapidly as the other day he tried to out cottage cheese on jelly and today he fell over and thank goodness my healthcare train the trainer came into fruition! I am so emotionally and physically drained I cannot describe how I feel :disappointed:

Hi. MrsT1. It all comes at once, doesn’t it, and often we feel unable to cope. You have a lot on your plate and my prayers and Blessings go out to you. Life can be very cruel at times and it is with you now. It is amazing how we do find the strength and courage to go on. But somehow we do. When others rely on us it’s all we can do. I doubt anything I say will take away the pain, but this site may give a little comfort because we all know about grief when you lost your husband.
It’s a tiredness beyond tiredness. My wife had dementia at the end, and it is so difficult to cope with.
Take care of yourself as best you can. Love and a comforting virtual hug. John.

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words x

Oh bless you, how are you still standing? You’ve been through so much and are dealing with more than some could cope with. Coping with ill parents is so difficult, I dealt with one, two, I just can’t imagine. As hard as it is, know it’s not forever, your best, which can vary day to day, is enough. You don’t need to break yourself through this. Reach out to as many people that you can, talk, share, and don’t try to be perfect. It’s not necessary and almost impossible anyway. You’re good enough and you’re worthy xx

1 Like

I can’t even cope with one of those three things I don’t know what you do but it seems you do because against all the odds you appear to somehow be doing it. I don’t know how, you’re amazing but I agree with the much more sensible posts before mine, don’t break yourself further if you can get any help at all please do. Do you have any other family that could step up? its a lot.

1 Like

So Today we did the unthinkable, put up the Christmas tree!! My daughter unknowingly to me had a bauble made in memory of her Dad, and yes I sobbed like a baby :baby::broken_heart::broken_heart:

2 Likes

Aww that’s so sweet of your daughter, what a lovely idea x

1 Like

In his Santa onesie taking Bec to work on Christmas Day :heart::heart:
Between his to best buddies Hamish and Nessy :heart::heart:

2 Likes

Oh my god it’s perfect xx

1 Like