What do I do now?

I’m waiting for bereavement counselling but in the meantime what do I do? I’m completely lost without my partner, we spent so much of our time together. Now that he’s gone and the funeral arrangements are done and I’ve gone as far as I can with the estate I just don’t know what to do with myself. I feel empty inside and even my long walks that helped at first when he passed have become an exercise in trying to avoid passers by see me crying.

6 Likes

I’m so sorry for the loss of your partner, @Marchon. I’m just giving your thread a gentle bump - hopefully someone will be along to offer their support. :blue_heart:

1 Like

Thank you Wayne, I’m trying my hardest to keep busy but the emptiness and pain I feel is sometimes overwhelming and unbearable. I wake at night at all hours with my head already full of memories and thoughts about Mal and then I can’t stop those thoughts (not that I really want to) and can’t get back to sleep.
I just feel like there is something I should be doing but I don’t know what it is if that makes any sense? I’m waiting for bereavement counselling, so I’m hoping they will be able to shed some light on all this. I just feel like I’m now sinking into depression too. My brother yesterday said I should try and do something each day to give me a purpose and interact with people, walk to the shops, meet a friend for coffee etc so I’m trying now to heed his words. Maybe that will help you also?

Hi, my dear hubby passed four weeks ago with his funeral in two days. Like you I’ve been busy with all the arrangements and now dread the time afterwards. I do find doing a list each day helps putting even the most basic task like washing up , changing the bed ect in helps.
Gives me a structure and feel I have achieved something at the end of the day. I’m waiting for help via GP but no call a yet. Hope this helps. X

There seems to be a long waiting list for any bereavement counselling so it may be worth registering as soon as possible if like me you think you’ll need support to get through this.

1 Like