what do you avoid?

Jeez … unbelievable ! The government need to sort it ! This country is going to pot :frowning: xx i think we should all start marching ! Xxx

3 Likes

Hi All
This topic is “What do we avoid”. Well I can say that I avoid the NHS like the plague. I want to live as long as possible and I don’t feel that a hopsital or GP’s are safe. I do my best by using natural therapy but mention this to a Doctor and you get the cold shoulder treatment. They don’t like us, we don’t take enough pills to make it profitable and that is what it is all about these days. I have always felt that my mother was murdered when admitted to hospital. My husband was doing fine on the Natural method until they started giving out their pills and he was dead within the year when he had lived happily with a good quality of life for nine years on alternative lifestyle.
I inherited some money years ago and keep it safe in case I need it for private treatment. I wanted to use it for my husbands care initially but there was nothing that could have been done in the end he went downhill too quick. I would also have sold the house if I could have saved him.
I just accept now that we have no decent medical treatment and we are on our own. And then they go on strike and risk yet more lives but that’s another story so don’t get me started.!!!
Pat
xx

6 Likes

Yeh i know … its very true ! Funny old wotld we luce in these days - worlds gone mad ! They hsve to lump eveybody together ! Theres no individuality anymore is there. Yrh i would have used all my savings if i couldve saved my darling husband ! I do wish now i had taken him private when he got his diagnosis though… just for my own peace of mind so that i knew i had done everything i could but its probably a futile hope :frowning: i just wish he was still here ! Miss him so much :frowning: its soo not fair :frowning: x

@Pattidot I agree with you. I don’t take any kind of medication ( fingers crossed ) hopefully that lasts!

I buy all my supplements from a company called British Supplements, was recommended by a friend. They are very good with no fillers etc…

I have private health care through work, even if I didn’t, I would join Bupa or whoever… I have read so many horror stories on this site, it frightens the life out of me! The NHS is not fit for purpose!!

Dottie x🌹

Hi Deb
I tried to get private care in the early days of my husbands diagnosis which was years ago but couldn’t get past his GP who told me if we went private we could never have NHS treatment again which I learned at a later date was a big fat porky and illegal for him to say this.
Pxx

3 Likes

Hi Dottie
I also hope that I can keep going for as long as possible without medication which is something else I avoid. It does annoy me though when on the odd occasion I do see a Doctor and they say how lucky I am with my health. I’m not lucky I work at it with my lifestyle. Your right it is a horror story, who can we trust…
Pxx

1 Like

Yep its not good is it ? Right flipping mess is NHS but its all we got really especially if you cant afford anything else … my husband trusted them drs … i wish he hadnt - and im not saying the outcome be different but its just it doesnt fill you with confidence does it ? This country is in a damn mess innit :frowning: everytime u watch news its depressing x

1 Like

@Pattidot That is absolutely shocking! How dare he lie like that; I hope you took that further.

I have not seen my GP for over 5 years, I have no desire to see anyone involved with the NHS.

Big hugs
Dottie x🌹

1 Like

@Deb5 Reading posts on this site has really opened my eyes. It is just shocking how badly people have been treated! We ALL pay for this service; the NHS receives billions per year of tax payers money, where does it all go?

You are so right, I’ve stopped watching the news, it’s all just too much at times, we are dealing with enough. I tend to put music on ( neutral, nothing that reminds me of my love) and read…

Big hugs
Dottie x🌹

2 Likes

@Lotswife , I avoid the news, it’s too depressing. Also can’t watch football, rugby and F1, all the sports he loved. But I can look at photos and listen to music even if sometime I have a few tears.
Debbie xx

5 Likes

Yep i agree with that xx

2 Likes

My husband loved his sport too :(,hard to watch any of it now isnt it ? Xx

3 Likes

Hi Sheila
I do the same plus zinc, Vitamin D3 and C and selenium which protects our immune system. I avoid flu jabs or any other jabs and rely on a more natural method and have never had the flu, or a cold for years and lately Covid. I look after my large area of allotments,do 2/3 hours of walking a day, Yoga, gym workouts, dancing and also feel that it must be working. I also AVOID GP’s and medication.
Recently there was a lady on TV who had reached 100 and when asked what she recommended for a long life she said “Never go near a Doctor”. !!!
Sounds about right…

4 Likes

Hi Dottie
No we didn’t take it further as it was about a year later when I discovered this. Makes you think though what other lies we are told by people we should trust…
I also don’t watch the news nowadays. I don’t listen to sad songs or poems or anything that upsets me. No point.
P xxx

1 Like

Yes Sheila we do, unfortunately some people know very little about the power of the correct vitamins and it’s no use asking a GP as they don’t know either they are not trained in Vitamins. I have also tried asking pharmacists just to test their knowledge but there is none.
When the pandemic took hold Vitamin D3 was recommended as being as good as anything for a cure. I did already take them I’m pleased to say and they are not expensive. Why isn’t this information put out there a bit more.
Pat
xx

I must be very lucky, I have nothing but praise for my GP practice and local hospital.
Our doctor’s practice are the best where I live, hence why a long waiting list to get in.
They looked after Doug extremely well and made home visit in his last months, either a doctor or nurse practitioner would come out.
Because of his condition Doug needed blood transfusions, every fours weeks and towards the end every two weeks.
When he passed, his consultant that was himself on leave due to his own ill health, rang me at home to say how sorry he was to hear Doug had died and he thought of him more as a friend than a patient. I also had a condolence card with a lovely message from his favourite doctor at our GP surgery.
I know there is alot of bad press about the NHS, it’s been understaffed and under funded for years. Yes they do get it wrong at times.
But for me I have faith in them, and no I’m not in a position to go private as many people aren’t .
I’m being treated for two different conditions, both will alternately end in surgery, and alternative medicines won’t cure either.
I don’t mean up upset anyone, this is just my experience. I’m just so thankful with the treatment Doug had it kept him with me longer.
Debbie x

5 Likes

Hi Pattidot, I also take vitamin B12 every day. - You wrote “Never go near a Doctor”. I did plan to see my GP in January 2020 but I cancelled the appointment. I was lucky, I found out later that a patient walked in with COVID that day and collapsed. I think he was the first COVID patients in Essex. - But I have seen my GP several times since then. - Nick

1 Like

Well done you. A woman after my own heart. I would have done exactly as you did. Amazing how things move when you theaten to go to the papers. Don’t these dept’s try it on.
Pat
xx

2 Likes

@Lonely l’m really sorry you didn’t have a good experience, yes we had to buy our own, wheelchair, bathroom aids and mobility scooter, which have now been passed onto a local charity to help others.
We did have help with the attendance allowance forms, we live in social housing and the housing association have staff to help you, we were turned down first time, then appealed and was successful.
Doug hadn’t been well for ten years before he died.
No matter what the circumstances it doesn’t take away the pain of loosing them.
Debbie x

5 Likes

@Lonely we too had a similar experience with attendance allowance. My husband was initially refused and then when we appealed a lady phoned, asked a few questions, then not only awarded it but awarded it at the higher rate. I think they have a policy of refusing people then only giving the application due consideration if they appeal. Just another hassle we don’t need when someone is very ill or terminal.

4 Likes