What grief is

Judith died two years ago. We were deeply in love in our marriage of 61 years.
To help me the people of the crematorium sent me this:-
Grief never ends, but it changes. It’s a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith. It is the price of love.

10 Likes

Hi Bennerley
I have been on this journey a few years now so I can say that those words are so very true. How wonderful that you had such a happy loving marriage for 61 years what a wonderful achievement.
I do hope you are coping reasonably well as it is a really hard journey to navigate.
Best wishes
Pat

3 Likes

That is lovely, and rather comforting. I am almost three years into widowhood after 54years of a fantastic marriage. Highs or lows, our love saw us through. However many years you have had together, they are never enough, are they?

2 Likes

Very true the years flew by. Her photos, her embroideries, her travel journals sometimes reassure but sometimes deepen sadness.

2 Likes

Yeh thats what the queen said isnt it ? Grief is the price we pay for love … so true ! How did that lovely lady our late queen keep going after all the deaths she saw … her sister, her father, her mother, then finally her husband ! God bless her ! She was a strong woman you know x

2 Likes