What song makes you cry about mum

I somehow associated the song It Must Be Love by Madness with losing mum. There’s a line in the song that goes it’s you I need to chase the blues away. Even thinking about it brings tears. But that line is so true, infact the whole song is. I always reached out to mum when I was down, so it’s so fitting for me.

1 Like

Hello @Keith68 ,

I’m so sorry for the loss of your Mum. Thank you for sharing this with us, songs often evoke such individual and strong emotions. I’m just giving your thread a gentle, “bump” for you - hopefully someone will have some thoughts to share.

Take good care,
Alex

I’m so sorry for your loss @Keith68 . I totally understand how songs evoke memories. I think when such a dear person passes away, lyrics seem to take on deeper meanings. I’m just like you and associate so many songs with my loss. Over the past few weeks I’ve twice heard something that was played at my Dad’s funeral and I’ve found myself unable to stop myself from crying. If there is a positive for me and for you, it shows how special these people were to us and how the love we felt for them when they were here is still with us in our hearts. That’s what gets me through difficult times. Sending :heart:

Hi,
Pointless by Lewis Capaldi.
Mum doted on my son who is 28 and lived with her for 2 hrs to be nearer his work. We dedicated this song from him to mum at her funeral. The words are so appropriate.
Hugs
Deborah x

Bridge over troubled waters

1 Like

That’s such a lovely song. So soothing and gentle
Thinking of you ,
Deborah