WhatsApp Messages

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all okay. My query is about WhatsApp messages between me and my loved one. I lost my loved one late last year and I sometimes re-read our old messages but haven’t done it for a few months now.

I don’t usually use WhatsApp but I just went back on and saw that his profile picture had disappeared and his ‘last seen’. I freaked out at this because I am so scared to lose our chats as this is the platform we used the most to talk to each other on.

I went to Google and apparently WhatsApp delete accounts that have been inactive for over 120 days - but does this mean our chats will eventually get deleted too? I can’t lose our chats and Google isn’t giving me a straight forward answer.

Please if anybody knows please let me know. I’ve just spent the last hour bursting my eyes out I can’t lose our conversations!

Thank you so much everyone. Sending hugs to you all.

2 Likes

There is a way to download them so you can keep them… I’m not sure how but I’ll look tomorrow if no one has the answer this evening.
:purple_heart:

1 Like

Ive been doing the same. Id like to know too as i would be heartbroken to lose the messages. Sending positive thoughts xx

2 Likes

@Sienna2 @Loley22 Ok - I’ve had a quick look
It looks like you can export them… and email them of forward them…
I am out this evening but I promise I’ll look tomorrow - I’ve put a reminder in my phone to do this x

1 Like

Thank you so much @Scubadolly i have sms messages too im hoping i can do the same with. I was going to screenshot them but they go back to 2016!

1 Like

thank you so much that means a lot. I would try it all out for myself but I’m even too scared to touch the chat just in case I press something and automatically lose them all❤️

2 Likes

Hello @Sienna2 & @Loley22

This is the link that explains how to export/save the messages: there’s the option for Android and Apple
Saving messages in WhatsApp
I had a go last night exporting them to my email account, choosing ‘include media’ so no photos are lost.
It took a little while to up load and it doesn’t look pretty, but everything was there.
The original messages also remained so I could have another go saving them to somewhere like FB Messenger.
I would definitely recommend that you practice on a couple of conversations that are less important to you in the first instance, just to check you’re doing it right and to find your way around the App until you’re confident with what you’re doing. I would hate for you to lose your precious memories!

If you get stuck, let me know and I’ll see if I can help!

2 Likes

Go on WhatsApp, settings, chat, back up chat. Messages wil stay put. Also you can export to email.
There is also a way of transferring your WhatsApp chat into a book.

It’s been 18 months and his chat is still on my phone

1 Like

Wow, sorry for getting back to you so late!
Thank you so much for taking the time to have a look for us both - it means so much so thank you. My mind feels a lot more at ease. I will give it a try tomorrow morning, many virtual hugs to you X

1 Like

Thank you so much also!

1 Like

I couldn’t work out what to do so i took photos if the chats and saved them in a secure folder. I had the last 2 days of our chats thars all as i am a deleter!!!