When bereavement and insomnia collide

In the 47 years I have breathed the air on this planet, I have lost both sets of Grandparents, my parents, numerous Uncles and Aunties and the love of my beautiful wife who I call ‘Angel.’
I have not had a decent nights sleep for years.
Coincidence??

Probably not a coincidence! I am so sorry that you have had to cope with loss after loss - life seems to be so cruel. I recently read something that was saying that the only thing we can be sure about is that things change. My life has changed in ways that I never dreamed of and never wanted. We are left with a life that we didn’t choose and that is hard. I think the brain tries to process and make sense of it all and continues to work on this during the night as well. The trouble is, it doesn’t matter how much the brain tries to make sense of it, it can’t. Life just seems cruel - I can’t come up with any other explanation. I had some sleeping tablets in the first couple of weeks. I now try to walk and get fresh air as much as possible to give myself the best chance of sleep. Take care

4 Likes

Beautiful words again, thank you Jules. It’s people like you that make me feel optimistic and positive. I try to do same for others. If I can make at least one person smile, that makes my day.
Thanks again Jules x