When I lost you.

There is no rule book to grief.
We all muddle through the best we can.
The weekends are worst .
I get through each day and feel relived it’s over.
The thought of months of this heartache is just toomuch to comprehend.
Thinking of you all x

4 Likes

Sad 2

Just made the tears come. Perfectly describes my feelings. Thank you

Hi Paula, my husband passed away in Jan too. I didn’t realise actually how much I relied on him and how much he done. Like bins, locking up at night, cleaning car, bills. Trying to learn to do things myself. Done tip run and carwash today. Proud of myself. Trying to keep busy but when evening comes feel so alone. X

1 Like

Aw Sheila
I know exactly how you feel. Everything has come unstuck. Life is just life without the fullness. My husband loved the Carpenters too and he loved dancing. I could never do the rock n roll but he taught me and on holiday we could clear the dance floor. I have a wedding video too from when we were married and on it he is dancing in the middle of the floor singing ‘My girl’ I can’t bear to hear that song now. Ron was a very private person but when he had had a drink he was full of fun. We miss them so much don’t we? Sometimes I feel like none of this nightmare happened.

Dear Angiejo1

Yes my husband was the same. Exceptionally quiet in the workplace but became a party animal at any party.

Have been out with a friend today - social distance walk along the Tyne and Newcastle Quayside. It was lovely but I broke down once I got back to the car - my husband and me are proud Geordies. We met at an engineering factory on the banks of the Tyne. Managed to drive back home and sitting in house now just so broken hearted. I don’t want to live this life without him. Not sure how much longer I can go on. The number of couples out walking has not helped. I want and so desperately need my husband.

Take care.

2 Likes

Shiela, its a hard existence without them. I feel the same when i walk. All couples or families. I walk with my head bowed, looking at ground. Everything around me reminds me of mel. Nature, birds, people, children, he loved them all. Its our anniversary today. 49 years. Dont think i can go on much longer without him. Heartbroken. Sheila stay safe xx

1 Like

Dear Bubba

So sorry. Our anniversary of 39 years was a couple of weeks ago. I know today will be really difficult for you and I wish that there was something that I could do to take away the pain.

Sorry I wrote so much more before deleting it. Just wanted to say we are heartbroken and you too deserved to have so many more years with your husband by your side. I will be thinking of you.

Sheila

1 Like

I too , am finding it tough when I see couples out walking hand in hand.
I feel so guilty feeling resentful but it just makes me so sad.
I feel like someone had stolen who I used to be and left an empty soulless being in its place.
Week 8 and the days are getting harder.
X

2 Likes

Evening

Start of another lonely weekend for us all.
I am truly broken without my Tim, I feel cheated and can’t understand why he caught covid so bad and I recovered none of it makes sense.
I also cannot bear the loneliness and longing to see and touch him.

What a cruel world this can be,

Virtual hugs :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Yes how do we go on without our special person life can be so cruel.
While done are taking early others long life not fair.

1 Like

Hi,
I know how you feel.
We both had covid and I went into the hospital on Thursday but came out the same day.
Friday morning, Paul was delirious and couldn’t speak properly.
The paramedics were called, took him into hospital.
I was a tad blase, thinking he to would-be home within 24 hours.
Instead, he was put into an induced coma for three weeks and passed away in hospital.
So I truly understand your pain.
:broken_heart::broken_heart:

1 Like

Aw Sheila. I do hope you feel a little better tonight. I too have felt really down today. It just hits me at the strangest times. I will private message you tomorrow if I can. Would that be ok? You take care and write off today. Xx

Hi yes that would be ok. I am taking my son to work at 4.30am in the morning so might be later in afternoon before capable of reading anything.

Hi Sheila26. I have sent 2 private messages but I can’t see them listed.I think they have disappeared into cyber space. I am getting useless at everything. Can you please let me know whether you received them before I send another. Maybe I am just exhausted. I do hope you are ok.x

Got them thanks. I think it is the way the system works. They disappear into the sent box.

Thank you.
Sheila