When is it right !

I fined it hard to believe I could ever love anyone again.
I have no desire to look for someone to love
And would have no idea even how to go into another relationship.
It really makes me angry when people say you might meet some one new.
But being lonely is the hardest thing of all.
In an empty house night after night is like a prison sentence with no parole.
A life sentence that hopefully will not be a long one…

4 Likes

Hi all, I lost my wife of 29 years, on 21st October this year, yes life is hard, and I’m fed up with people saying you are so strong I couldn’t cope, they don’t see me behind locked doors, my wife’s friends stay in touch, but my friends/mates seem to avoid me, or they won’t mention Susan’s name, when she was diagnosed with her illness, I took 6 weeks off work to nurse her, but in 6he end I couldn’t give her the care she deserved, people tell me that I will meet somebody else, but I’m not interested, all I want is for Susan to walk through the door and give me a big hug

4 Likes

I am finding it a bit hard just now. I feel that I don’t want to burden anyone because I don’t want to out a damper on anyone’s Christmas.
I will be with close family on Christmas day but really not looking forward to it but will put on the happy face for them. I lost my wife and mother in law within a couple of months of eachother and this is the first Christmas without them. :confused::confused:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Thank you to all the nice people who left me messages , I’m still here , Living one day at a time .
I tried to date but all I keep doing is messing up , I guess I don’t want that hurt again . Its my wife birthday on mothers day , It should have been a nice day , But for me its going to be very sad .

Steven123 I know exactly how you feel and what you are saying because I want the same thing too. I don’t think there is a right or wrong time to think these thoughts we are all different with different needs and expectations .
Life is so lonely and if finding another companion then do it I’m sure your loved one would agree and they would want you to be happy. Doing any of this doesn’t mean you have forgotten them or your feelings and emotions towards them have changed .
Take care Karen xx