When will the pain go away

I just lost my loving husband one week ago, he died suddenly in hospital in spain, I was all alone, he died on Sunday morning valentines day and on Sunday afternoon I had to deal with arranging a cremation on my own, and it took place the next morning, as that’s the Spanish way, I then had a 13 hour horrendous journey home to Scotland at the weekend, I just feel in terrible pain and don’t know how I will cope, it was all too rushed, I didn’t have any time to process anything, the future does not look good, don’t think I will ever cope with the loss or loneliness

Hello
So sorry for your loss
Very painful and heartbreaking
I have been told baby steps take each hour as it comes and do what you can do
Nothing else
Please take care x

So very sorry for your loss and the heartbreak of having to deal with that whilst on holiday. Please don’t even think about the future now. Just take each day as it comes. My husband died over 2 yrs ago and it is still such a blur. I found this site to be the best thing ever in helping me cope as it made me realise that so many people are suffering the same as I am and we can all turn to each other. Please talk about your husband as much as you want to and share your feelings. We are all here with you.

1 Like

Thank you for your advice will try

Just feel there is no future but just got to try thank you for your response

K
So sorry.
It must have been a terrible shock for you and being away from home must have been awful. Especially having todo it all yourself…
I lost my Gary just 3 months ago.
It has been a rollercoaster of emotions
It’s a process that has to fall into place.
It takes time.
This site helped me.
Take care you are not alone.
G

Thank you for your kind words

Thank you Sheila, my name is Jackie your words are very caring and I will try each day as it comes xx

Kenneth was my husbands name xxx

@Kenneth. I am so sorry that you had to go through all that on your own. With most of us we will have been in our usual surroundings, and had some time with regard to the funeral etc so we could process things at a slower pace. To have to rush the cremation and then travel home must have been incredibly hard. We are all in such a difficult and distressing situation, but I really feel for you with yours. Be kind to yourself, you will be severely traumatised. Hopefully this site will help to an extent.

Thank you for your kind words, I am just trying to get through each day at the moment x

Kenneth what a horrific thing to go through. I lost my lovely husband 7 weeks ago today and I know how difficult the days were just after it happened. I could not even get up out of the chair without help. My body would not function so I don’t know how you went through this. Life for me is still hell on earth but I just keep hoping it will get better. Thinking of you

Thank you for your kind words, my name is Jackie, sorry for the confusion, Kenneth was my husband, I feel so low, don’t think I will manage on my own, I miss him so much xxx

Hi Jackie I really feel for you. I know exactly how you are feeling. It’s like the whole purpose of your life has gone and there is nothing to look forward to. The future for me looks like a big black hole at the moment and the thought of living without my beautiful husband is so unimaginable. I know there are no words to make you feel any better and I know facing the days and nights is like living in a nightmare that you will never wake up from but everyone says that time will make it easier. The problem is getting through this time. We can do this one hour at a time and one day at a time. I understand that these words won’t take away the pain you are feeling right now all I can say is I really do understand I feel it too.

All I can say at the moment is thank you for your message, just been to the bank but can’t stop crying