Where Do They Go (By Kevin F)

Where do they go to, the people who leave?
Are they around us, in the cool evening breeze?
Do they still hear us, and watch us each day?
I’d like you to think of them with us that way.

Where do they go to, when no longer here?
I think that they stay with us, calming our fear
Loving us always, holding our hands
Walking beside us, on grass or on sand.

Where do they go to, well it’s my belief
They watch us and help us to cope with our grief
They comfort and stay with us, through each of our days
Guiding us always through life’s mortal maze.

25 Likes

I hope with all my heart that this poem is true Sad2.
Believing my lovely Neil is watching over me keeps me going. I can’t believe I haven’t seen my soulmate and best friend for almost 11 months but to think that he might still be around me gives me comfort.
Thank you for sharing the poem.
Thoughts are with you.

2 Likes

Hi Laneyb
So sorry for the loss of your husband. How do we ever get over losing our loved ones?
I have to believe Alan is still watching over me and is keeping me safe.
I still send him a poem every day to his e-mail address. Hope he’s reading them up there in Heaven.
It’s 38 weeks tomorrow since I lost him and I still can’t believe it. It doesn’t get any easier to accept does it?
Take care and stay strong.

1 Like

Hi

I’m glad I’m not the only one ‘’writing’ to my husband. Ian passed away 18 weeks ago and I text him everyday. I just let him know what I’ve been doing and how I’m feeling.

I’ve kept his phone contract as it’s not a lot and I like to ‘talk’ to him. I’m not religious though but it helps me.

I’ve found that as the weeks have passed it’s become harder and not easier to live without him. I keep thinking how can I live a life without the person I want to share it with, no longer here.

Everyone says stay strong, but why?

Julie x

1 Like

Hi Julie
I am so sorry for your loss. 18 weeks is still such a short time for you and so painful.
How can we stay strong without them in our lives? Life will never be the same again.
I’m glad you get some comfort in talking to Ian. I’m sure he’s listening to your every word.
I feel close to my Alan when I send him the poems and it gives me some comfort in thinking he is reading them and is smiling down on me. I look at his photos and talk to him all the time.
Yes, it does get harder living without them, and this heartache and pain is something I have never experienced. It hurts losing a family member, but this pain is different.
I just wonder when will it ever end or just get easier, and when will the daily tears stop. After 38 weeks, I feel like I’ve cried a small stream.
I’m sure they are with us still and watching over us.
Sending you a hug.
Joan x

3 Likes

Thank you for your lovely poem, I hope with all my heart this is true.

Thanks Kevin F and Sad2 for sharing a great poem , so my much in there I believe is so and has kept me going for the last 18 months. Thanks again.
Mick.

Hi Sad2
What a really touching poem
I hope with all my heart that it’s true.
It’s 18 months since my darling husband was so suddenly taken
As time goes on, it gets harder and the feeling of being alone gets more intense.
Every day its just longer since I’ve see his smiling face or felt his loving and protective arms around me.
I will try to believe the poem and I hope that others reading it will feel the same
Take care and a hug
Christine xx

Lovely poem, and may i say comforting too. Our grief can be so painful, and this makes it slightly less so. My partner and i will see each other again. :heart:

1 Like

I do hope so . It would help to think this. As everywhere I do manage to go I feel my daughter’s helping me when making a choice

There just in the next room annie x x

Hi Joan

Thank you for your reply.
20 weeks on and I’m getting worse not better.
With tears falling more frequently than ever……
Some times during the day I think I can do this on my own and yet other times, I just wish I could wake up from this living nightmare and carry on as normal with Ian by my side.
I can’t look at photos of Ian yet as I find it too distressing and everything in the house is as he left it.
I still message him everyday , telling him what I’ve been doing and asking him to come back.
We were so happy in each other’s company that I’m finding it hard to adapt to the company of friends and neighbours without Ian by my side.

Julie x

I think the same, their in the next room, I just want to be there in there with them. Thank you for the poem, it strikes a cord
D

That’s a lovely way to think of them, just in the next room and I do hope they can hear us, x

What a lovely thought, I do do hope it is true.

I keep getting a Robin sitting watching me and it doesn’t fly away when I get near. Someone said its your loved one come to say they are ok I call him jim and hope its true

I hope it’s true about robins as well. The first time I left the house to fly to Spain to visit my son, a robin suddenly appeared and sat watching me. The first thought that came to mind was that it was Ian wishing me a safe journey. It gave me comfort and I could make the journey on my own knowing that Ian was with me.

I’ve experienced this same feeling once since then.

Julie x