White feather🕊

Come home today after moving more stuff to new house to find a white feather on doorstep. Think it’s from hubby saying it’s OK . I’m been thinking I’m let him down cause I’m had to move but now I think it’s a sign saying it’s OK darling I understand . Or he’s saying want are you doing thing is I have no choice in the matter just can’t stay it’s really sad was our home for 20 years. I will keep feather in my purse and everytime I see it I know he’s watching me . Hope this doesn’t sound silly but I have to believe he’s still looking out for me and I’m got his blessing.

8 Likes

Not silly at all.
You are taking your memories with you,
I always think hubby is just out of sight but always in my thots & heart.

Do what feels right for you.
G. X

4 Likes

It’s definitely a sign he with you and knows the reasons you have had to move.
Sending love
Debbie X

3 Likes

I agree it is a definite sign. Whenever I see a white feather I thank my husbsnd for thinking of me and being there.
I have also found a white feather on my doorstep and it stayed there for weeks all through windy weather.
I have found white feathers around the house and even a white flower on a rug. No idea where it could have come from. But I sometimes give my husband ‘tasks’ to prove that he is still around and I had asked him for… ‘a white flower’ !!!

5 Likes

No, not silly at all. I admit I got the shivers when I read this, I was so moved, and close to tears. You did the right thing, putting it in your purse, I xwould have the same.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your kind thought’s. It’s been a overwhelming experience moving, one I hope I don’t have to go though again. It’s heartbreaking seeing all our stuff just go. But I’m sure he’s there and I have my memories can’t lose them as well. On 12th of this month will be anniversary of his death so couldn’t have come at a worse time, but that’s housing associations for you. Sorry it’s come to this at moment I’m on a blow up bed in a empty room just like my heart . :broken_heart:love to you all xx.

2 Likes

Wherever you are he will be with you, you carry him in your heart, your memories and your words. The day my husband died I found a white feather in the hood of his coat, I keep it in a memory box with all his cards and letters. I’ve seen them sporadically since then and I have the last one on my bedside cabinet next to his photo.x

1 Like

Hi Misfit,
I been following your other thread, " missing what should have been" and agree with everything you have said, missing what the future would have held for us had Doug still been here.
It’s been a bit of a strange day and I wrote in my journal this morning to Doug telling him how much I miss him and struggling a bit at the moment and asked him for a sign he was listening.
Just sat in the garden and a white feather appeared. I know he’s still with me, carefully put the feather in my journal next to all the letters I write to him.
I hope your house move went okay, you will have your memories and husband with you where ever you go.

Debbie X

1 Like

Thanks Debbie my big moves on Friday but I’m all packed up house seems so empty now when I think of the laughter and good times here it makes me sad. But really the heart and soul of this place went the day Jim died. I know Friday will be very emotional closing the door for the last time and handing keys back. Definitely Doug sent you that white feather just to say he’s watching you and loves you always . So sorry your struggling at the moment I think we all have bad days but take comfort knowing he’s there and always in your heart as Jim is in mine. I’m moving closer to cemetery as well so feel jims a bit closer. I haven’t done anything about the bereavement group your kindly said about at kettering just been to busy moving stuff but once I’m settled I will give it a go need to be with others that understand and don’t judge me like my friends seem to. Take care always here for you x

1 Like

Thinking of you on Friday, it will be a very emotional day for you, but as you said not far away from Jim.
I don’t live far away from you, you can see the Methodist church from my bungalow.
Debbie X

1 Like

Maybe we could meet for a coffee at bewitched in high street would be nice to talk to someone that understands. Made me smile when you put misfit I do feel like that xx

1 Like

Sorry about typo, yes when your settled email me. I still work but usually home after 2.30pm
Debbie X

1 Like

Doing a garage sale Saturday at mums got loads of stuff to get rid of and yes definitely will let you know about having a coffee and chat. Xx

1 Like

I lost my husband 18 months ago,went for a reading a couple of weeks ago and he came through. When I got back to the car I had left the passenger window open,it was a hot day no breeze and whoo and behold was a white feather laid on the driver’s side mat. This has never happened before it reduced me to tears again,like to think he is still watching over me.

3 Likes

There’s definitely something in it I believe that our loved ones are watching

3 Likes