Who’s next?

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about how I’m 40 years old and how much of my life I have left to live… if I live to 80, that’s almost a whole other lifetime I have left!

I have friends who are a similar age, and a best friend who is 10 years older than me. My sister is 13 years older than me, my brother is seven years older than me, so it’s my partner.

Does anyone else feel like after losing a loved one or many loved ones, That they become scared of who might be next?

I’ve lost aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents and now my mum and sometimes I find myself sitting here just thinking and wondering who’s next, who am I going to have to live without next…. How much longer do I have with everyone?

It’s a pretty morbid way of thinking and I try to not let it consume me. But I’ve experienced such a great amount of loss in my 40 years…. I’m pretty scared of how I will managed any more.

Hello @ColdWaterMermaid,

Thank you for sharing these feelings with us. You’ve had such a lot of loss, it’s understandable you’d have these kinds of fears. I’m just giving your thread a gentle bump - I’m sure someone will be along to share their thoughts :blue_heart: