Why is everybody leaving

I’m having a few bad days, I’ve found out this week a good friend of mine has stage 4 cancer and she is quiet ill, tonight my uncle has passed away from cancer. I lost another uncle last year, good work friend with cancer and also my dad died suddenly 18 months ago with cancer. I’m currently looking after my mother who has been living with cancer for the last 4 years, Thai is her second diagnosis with cancer and we almost lost her 18 months ago too. I don’t know how much more heart ache I can take.

1 Like

Hello @Lewlew84,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I am so sorry for your losses, and your friend and mother’s illnesses. It sounds like you are coping with such a lot right now and it’s completely understandable that you don’t know much more you can take.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

You might also want to look at Macmillan Cancer Support. They have a support line, online chat and online community for people whose loved ones are living with cancer. You can find out more about how to get support here.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Seaneen

1 Like

Cancer rates are soaring. None of this is your fault or to do with you. Cancer is taking so many people right now. Sorry for your losses. That is a lot. In life, we also go through times where were lose a lot of people.

1 Like

Yeh please use mcmillan cancer support as suggested … theyre very good in the circumstances you are in xx