Why now

Since my Rob passed away at the beginning of September I have had job after job to sort out. I had to have leaking pipes under my kitchen sink, seals around the shower which caused a hole in my downstairs ceiling, leaking pipe in my wash hand basin , now today a plumber coming to fit my radiator in correctly. I wonder if Rob is putting me to the test to see if I can cope and have I done enough to prove if I can

1 Like

Ditto. Jim used to do all the man stuff for me, car maintenance, carrying heavy shopping bags, he also always filled the dishwasher, added salt, etc., fixed the oven clock after a power cut (frequent here), etc…
My poor car has been un-driven since September (long story). A kind neighbour charged the battery for me. The other day, I couldn’t open a jar - another kind neighbour did it, laughing. Etc…
I am lucky. A few kind friends and neighbours stepped in when Jim was in hospital, then during his last 12 days at home, and ever since.
They will never know how much they helped me.
Christie xxx

2 Likes

Christie let’s hope we have proved ourselves not just to our loved ones but also to us . I just hope I have come to the end now I just don’t need anymore indoor waterfalls they really are not recommended .
If the boot was I. They other foot though they too would have things to deal with that ordinarily we did so I guess it’s swings and roundabouts as they say .
Hope you have a fab Christmas and new year and anyone else who reads this post . Let’s all hope that 2021 is a much better year for us all :heart::blue_heart::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Hi Christie,
I saw that you are having trouble opening jars. So did I, and then a friend told me about a gadget on Amazon called the 6 in one bottle opener. If you put ‘jar and bottle opener’ as a search, you should find it. It’s about £9 and it is a godsend. With Amazon, you can always send it back if you don’t like it, but I think you will love it. There are lots of openers on there, you may find one you like better than the one I have got. X

1 Like

Thanks Ann,

I will do that. The only thing is, I’m moving house in the next 2 months and I fear if I bought it now I’ll lose it. It’s chaotic here with packing etc. already, and because it’s Christmas, at least one of the friendly neighbours is always in.

Christie xxx

Perhaps a friendly neighbour could look after it for you , and give it to you on moving day? Just a thought. It’s well worth the effort. Good luck with the move x

1 Like

Hi Christie, I found a way to release tight caps on jars that someone showed me. Turn the jar upside down and bang it on the floor (carefully) two or three times. Not sure why but it often works.

1 Like

If you didn’t laugh, you’d cry!! Here I am telling you to get the Amazon opener, and I found it wouldn’t work on Domestos! I ended up asking my postman to open it! Now I feel really silly, but might have given someone a giggle! Ann

1 Like