Why now

It been 10months since my nan died there’s been the first birthday, first Xmas & first Mother’s Day & soon first anniversary coming up & still doesn’t feel much better , I try and think of other things I’ve joined a Spanish class & go to a gym class once a week to get myself out there but today months after her death I get a letter from the dwp saying they still owe some money to my nan & it just got me seeing her name on the letter :cry: , why wait nearly a year to realise this, I wasn’t prepared for any letter to do with my nan I thought all that was over with ,

1 Like

Hi @lakingsfan83 ,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care,
Sarah

@lakingsfan83 first I have to commend you, the way you are getting out there. And the main thing is, time is going by, and that’s all that helps in the end. There will be shocks sometimes, I call it being ambushed. Just when you thought you were doing not too bad, something out of the blue happens to drag you back or knock you down again. But you get back up and carry on. It’s all you can do. You’re telling us about it, I think that helps and I’m glad you’ve come here to tell us.