Why!!!!!!!

It’s almost 6 weeks since my Rob passed away . My two kids have been very supportive but today it just all seemed to crumble ,come to a head I don’t know. My daughter and her partner have decorated my spare room so I can have people to stay over if I want , my daughter has this big issue of me being on my own . I am so grateful for what they have done this week end . My son is trying to go through things in my husbands garage and sort out his scooters that need repairs or whatever . Today my daughter comes in and starts asking to put things in the loft etc and get the room ready and finished for the new carpet going down . I made a comment to my son saying how I’m finding this all so stressful and he has mentioned my comment to my daughter how is now left feeling very hurt !!! .
I don’t want either of my kids to feel hurt by anything iv said or done and now I’m sat here sobbing my heart out because of how my daughter has be made to feel . This isn’t a time for us to be falling out over stupid stuff . My daughter is under the impression that my son is out to sell the scooters/ parts just to make money and she has called him mercenary. I really feel responsible for the way she has been made to feel and it’s not right at a time like this

1 Like

Oh kazzer. It’s such a difficult fraught time. I would phone your daughter explain that it was not your intention for her to feel that way. That you were just saying that life is just generally stressful. Nip it in the bud. It’s always best to talk these things out. Then you can both feel better and move forward. Tell your children that it’s time to all pull together and be a family unit. Tensions always bubble at times like this. The week my mum died me and my brother had a terrible argument. Dad wS very frank with us “I’m not dealing with this right now”. We put it to one side. Apologies were made and all was and is ok. But it was all born out of extreme stress. Try and remind them that this is not the time for arguments and accusations. You have done nothing wrong. At all. Your children know that. They are just feeling massively sensitive.

1 Like

Kazzer, if it is all going too fast you can ask you children to stop or slow down. Six weeks is hardly any time at all. If there is no rush to get things done, then take your time.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss
I agree with daffy maybe going to fast 6 weeks is still very early days it will be 15 weeks for me tomorow ive not done anything yet still all my partners things here dont make any rash decisions one day at a time x

2 Likes

Yes agree with Daffy. Don’t rush these things.

1 Like

Obviously we don’t know your circumstances, but it is six weeks for me as well. I have barely touched my wife’s belongings, they can be dealt with as and when I am ready. There is no rush.

1 Like

@Kazzer I am so sorry to hear things have happened to upset you. It’s very very early days for you. Your children don’t know how to cope and are not helping right now. When my eldest was being difficult not long after John died I told her firmly “I can’t handle this I am in a very bad place”. She understood and has been brilliant since. Speak to them both. Explain how much you need their support. Don’t do any sorting out until you are ready. That could be months and months. Concentrate on yourself. :butterfly::broken_heart:.

2 Likes