Why?

Sick of it
Sick of f…everything
Feel emotional & sick
1st mum in law dies
Then my dad died
Then few days ago my aunt died in my dads side
Then mum phone me today in tears my Aunty died today
Then on way home found out my step dad mum dosent really talk to him had fall out found out he was in hospital for 9 days
Didn’t know
He home now resting he was ill f…
Not much or any support from husband feel totally alone😥

There are no words meaningful enough but I am so sorry you have had so many losses in such a short space of time. Try to remember that those who have gone on before us are no longer afraid or in pain. Don’t wish them back to face an uncertain future but hold their memories in your heart. Take care x

1 Like

Wow I am so sorry for all the loss that you have had to endure :sweat: , grief is such a lonely thing. I lost my Mum on 8th November very suddenly and although I was surrounded by people, I just felt so alone so I understand that you feel that way. You have had so much on your plate, allow yourself to feel emotional and to express that. I know it’s hard sometimes because you want to appear strong and that you are coping but the reality is, I don’t think anybody who loses somebody is able to ‘cope’. Death is such a final thing and you have experienced so much that your heart must be in so much pain. I lost my Mum and some days my heart feels as if its actually breaking over and over again and this in return makes me feel sick too.

I too get that feeling of ‘what is the point anymore’ and I struggle some days to get out of bed because I feel so hopeless. But what gets me out of bed is thinking about what my Mum would want me to do. She gave me life, she wouldn’t want me to waste it away crying in bed all day, not eating, not sleeping etc. I mean I really would just lie in bed and say sod it, I don’t want to get up, I don’t want to do Christmas, I don’t want presents… But then I remember, if I don’t get up and try to manage and look after myself, what would my Mum say? She would be absolutely fuming! I can hear her now saying “get up out of that bed and tidy up!”, haha… We must try our best, although very hard, to look after ourselves and our mental health by doing what we feel is impossible sometimes. We are always going to have them days, even in years to come, because at the end of the day, we love those who we have lost and there will always be a part of us that is broken because of it, but we have to keep going, if not for us, for them.

I am under no illusion that it is easy and I can’t even begin to imagine how hopeless you probably feel and how sick of it all you are… but just know that there are so many of us on here who can talk to you and help each other through this lonely period… I hope what I have said makes sense and maybe makes you feel slightly better? Even if it doesn’t, I just want you to know you are not alone :heartbeat: Thinking of you and your family x

2 Likes

What a beautiful reply . I can’t get out of bed . Lost my mums 6 weeks ago . We were devoted. She got to 100. Still lived alone and was admitted to hospital in November and spent 15 days in agony.
Because of her age they didn’t care . She didn’t have dementia and in the end she asked them to stop treatment and died in my arms . I can’t let go of the horrendous memories :sweat:

1 Like

Thankyou❤️

Hi Charlette

Thankyou so much for your kind words
And I’m so sorry for the loss of your Mum
I know it’s heart breaking losing someone
I do hope you sleeping eating a wee bit better
I know it’s hard
Phiysicalky and emotionally
Hope you got through Christmas /new year
Dreading my dads anniversary it be next month & cant fly again because this dam virus/restrictions
It’s my mum in laws anniversary/birthday next month too next month
Hope your doing ok
Thinking of you xx

Hello N
I’m sooner I didn’t reply sooner to your nessage
I’m so sorry for the loss of your Mum
That’s awful she suffered this way
Dosent matter how old you are hospital should treat everyone with compassion and care.
Hope you are doing ok
Hope you find comfort and support on this site & to know your not alone
Although I know it can feel like it
Hope you have family or friends to support you
Take care x

Thank you . Feel a little better today. Indeed the heartache for me is that they let her suffer so badly but I was with her all the way through and I know she knew that x

Hi
Sorry again to hear that
It’s awful they let her suffer at least she’s at peace now and not suffering in pain.
I’m glad you were with your mum & it’s good yhat she knew you were with her right till the end
Glad your feeling a little bit better.xx