Why!!??

I lost my 10 month old son in May and I just dont know how people carry on after something like this, im lost. I know people try but no one can understand unless you’ve felt this pain. Then there’s the people that avoid you. Like its catching. Like I have a virus. I keep asking why but ill never get the answer. If one more person tells me to be strong or time heals all I’m going to scream!

5 Likes

Hello Deedee2204,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling I’m so sorry to hear about the tragic loss of your son. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Alex

2 Likes

I’m so very sorry Dee Dee i can’t relate to losing a child but I do relate to comments from people, grief is not straight forward nor is the way we process grief and it’s different for everyone, there are some wonderful people on here that can sadly relate who you can lean on and my inbox is always open if you want a chat or a rant or if you just need someone to listen :heart:

I lost my 2yo daughter in August this year and although you’ll feel how you feel, i can understand what youre going through. Heart wrenching doesnt come close. Its a pain that is undescribeable. And im also experiencing those who can no longer speak to me, its 100x harder than those who attempt small talk, not to mention really isolating. I wish i had something to say that could help, but because its still so raw for me personally as well, all i can say is youre not alone