Widow

Well I have just done my census. I don’t feel like a widow - except I cannot stop crying my eyes out today. I hate the weekends in lockdown. There are things I could do but I just cannot motivate myself today. I just want to chat with my husband :cry:.

I keep busy most of the time, but there are days, like today, where I just feel the huge hole :cry:.

Viv

1 Like

Tivey everything you’ve just said and done is a mirror image of me this weekend.
It’s the first time ,as my husband only died 6 weeks ago ,that I’ve had to tick the box for widow!

I expect there will be more times in the future I’ll have to tick that box and the tears will flow.
Like you ,I hate weekends as I would be cooking for him ,as he sat chatting to me.

I have no answers to ease this overwhelming pain, just let the tears flow when you need to.
Get angry at the injustice of it all and let it all out.

I don’t know if and when it gets better, if ever, but I do know we need to let the emotions out. Trying to be strong is too exhausting and not good for our health and bugger anyone that tells me differently!

Xx

1 Like

I lost hubby 11 months ago Cancer It will be 1 year on 20 April that he took his last breath It was an honour to be his wife of 30 years All I can say is make him proud thats what Iam doing in his memory Keep him close to your heart.

1 Like

To Tomtom my hubby is dead just 6 weeks too. It will get better. I am sure. Or at least change. I don’t allow myself bad days usually. I keep very busy. But you are right - you do have to have bad days and vent the pain at times. It sort of allows me to regroup and start into things again, xxx

1 Like

:pray::pray::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Go girl. Thank heavens for this chat group!xx

1 Like

Wellsh59, yes that is the best one can do. But there still has to be time to vent the pain at times. I think grieving is neither all tears, nor all fighting talk, but rather a mixture. Sometimes the scales tip more on way and at other times the other. Xxx

Totally agree I have cried buckets been angry You have to vent your emotions I focus on the wonderful memories and as I said make him proud of me every day

A friend sent me a poem that I’d like to share
Grief never ends but it changes. It’s a passage, not a place to stay.
Grief is not a sign of weakness nor a lack of faith.
It is the price of love.

To me poignant and true. Xx

2 Likes

Love it and so true Thanks

That is so apt! I have just copied and saved it. Thank you!