Wifey

It’s coming up to 2 years that I lost my wee wifey. It hurts every second of every day. I put a complaint in against the hospital. I have now found out that the hospital missed the cancer on at least 4 occasions. And if they had off spotted it, it would have been a different outcome. What should my next steps be

3 Likes

Hello @Blueman ,

I’m so sorry for the loss of your wife. Thank you for sharing this with us. I’m just giving your thread a gentle, “bump” for you - hopefully someone will have some thoughts to share.

I also wanted to share with you this Sue Ryder article which may be of use as you reach the 2nd anniversary of your loss - Coping with death anniversaries

Remembering a loved one: death anniversary | Sue Ryder

Take good care,
Alex

1 Like

2 years are still early days especially the length of time that you were with your wife. Terrible that the hospital made these mistakes and your wife death could have been prevented . Grief is always going to be part of our lives but I hear that you get to live your life with the grief which can be like a roller coaster with massive waves. Some days are gentle and other days rough.
I lost my husband suddenly and unexpectedly just over a year ago. I find this second year harder as the first year I was in shock and was such a haze. I am making lots of plans to fill my time and to keep busy. This journey is different for everyone. Maybe start a new hobby, a new job or join some clubs and courses. You will always carry your wife in your heart with you. I have made some lovely friends on here and we sometimes meet up. Definitely not the life we chose, but I need some type of life as my poor husband didn’t have a choice or a chance. Take care big hugs xx

2 Likes

Poor @Blueman im sorry for you. 13 months for me … it is so hard isnt it ? Yeh my husband was in hospital year before and he told them he had pains in his stomach ( which turned out to be bloody bladder cancer( they were supposed to be doing a scan ? Did they ? I have no idea but they bloody missed it and if they had found it then my outcome might have been different too ! Its scandalous what is happening in the NHS . Theyre just bloody crap !! Sorry but makes me so cross … i did all i could for my husband because he was dearly loved and they should have done their job too !! And we made a complaint too … got some answers but still … too bloody late isnt it now ! Xx

2 Likes

I lost my wife through doctor negligence, take legal action, not only will you find out the true actions of those it involved, go see one of these no win no fee

1 Like

Nah too much stress and also it wont bring him back will it sadly :frowning: x