Will the pain ever go away? Is there hope?

The very sad loss of my mother in January, after so many admissions into hospital, has knocked me sideways. She was actually getting better but on the one night I left her (she had carers visiting however) she got out of bed in the morning to switch on the tv, slipped and broke her hip. She consequently developed pneumonia and gave up the fight. I’m still in deep shock. My mum was so vital, so full of life - she taught linedancing every Monday night to her devoted ladies - she was 87 and had been teaching for the past 20 years. I had to hand her council flat back and dispose of everything she owned so now I’ve lost my ‘home’, my roots, my anchor. And on top of that, my partner, whom I thought I had a future with, ended our 3 year relationship- I believe the realisation that I am now ‘available’ was too much for him. I’ve lost my loves and the foundation of my life has disappeared; I don’t know where I belong anymore. Where do I go from here?

Chrissypits - What a truly traumatic time for you, I’m so sorry for your devastating loss and then having to grieve the loss of your relationship on top is so cruel. All you can do is just try to do as little as possible so you don’t overwhelm yourself and I hope you have friends/family that can support you. Take care.

Dear Tina
Thank you so much for taking the time to write to me. You have no idea what it means to me. Knowing that there are people out there that are in my corner, helps so much. You’re right, all I can do right now is as little as possible. Bless you for your care.

Hello Chrissypits
If ever you feel the need to private message for a chat please don’t hesitate. This is such a traumatic time isn’t it - take care.

Tina again, thank you so much for caring and for offering your hand of support. If only there were more people like you around.

Hi Chrissypitts im very sorry for your loss .Like Tina says take baby steps .Do the legal things first and the rest do things at your own pace .Try get some me time ie watch a dvd or have a little nap .Your brain and heart need a rest from your nightmare because it will still be there when you return to reality also a visit to your gp (im on medication) it can help .Theres also the samaritians (i phone them there good at listening )Keep in touch on here Colin (im 57 my wife was 41 she passed on her birthday 04032016

Colin, thank you so much for your kind message. I’m so very sorry to hear about the loss of your wife and I sincerely hope your nightmare is getting a little easier to cope with. It can only happen with time I suppose and as you say, rest, and lots of it. That’s all I feel like doing at the moment and of course crying. Thanks for your suggestions and I’ll certainly keep in touch on here. All the very best to you Colin.

hi
I am sorry for your loss.You must be heart broken. I.I lost my mum when i was only 21 I did not even get chance to say goodbye to her.She was found in bed by my sister.Also when I was 39 my father passed away in hospital.I did not get the chance to say goodbye to him either.Now at the age of 69 i am alone as I lost my husband two years ago to sepsis.I was not with him either when he passed away.I feel so cheated by life.It all seems so unfair.I miss them all every day of my life and i always will.
take care
brendaj