Withdrawal of all medication

I posted yesterday for the first time and since then things have changed.

After speaking with my mom over the phone, I understand that she has stopped all medication. She will take pain relief, but can’t fight this disease any longer. It’s been 12 years, 2 of which have been hellish.

I’ve not registered the information yet. I keep thinking that this is all a nightmare and it’s not my turn for this to happen…but it is.

I understand the decision. I support her. I am proud of her for being so, so strong and fighting incredibly hard. I’m praying she doesn’t have to fight much longer and that she is not in pain.

I’ll make it my ambition to see her in Heaven one day.

But I am crushed.

Dear @Dolly242 Thankyou for sharing this post with us, I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this time with your mum. It’s so tough for you to go through and it sounds like she has had time to give this decision a lot of thought and she has made the decision for herself and is being very brave. This doesn’t make it easier for you though and I understand that. As you are proud of her we are also proud of you for being strong and supporting her during this time. We are here to support you in any way we can. Thankyou again for sharing this and letting us all be here for you x

Ailie

Bless you and your mum. We took the decision for dad to stop his medication aside from his pain relief and epilepsy meds. He couldn’t fight it anymore and was suffering. He had been fighting for 14 years and usually won but this time it was different. It’s the greatest gift you can give them letting them go.

It’s hard but you take comfort in knowing they are at peace. You don’t miss them any less though.