Wow

Just saw this quote on Instagram and never thought Of it like this before , made me cry, if only we could all turn back time :sob:

15 Likes

@Ang5
So true.
I included that in the eulogy the celebrant read out for me at his funeral.

2 Likes

@SadGirlfriend sorry for your loss, itā€™s horrific :disappointed: Iā€™ve had a vile day today, everyday is bad but today was ā€œone of themā€ angry, sad, hate everyone and everything :disappointed:

2 Likes

@Ang5
Sorry about your crappy day.
I went out at lunchtime to see some bands locally, but came home after an hour as I feel unwell. Think Iā€™ve been out too much and trying to keep too busy and itā€™s caught up with me.
Didnā€™t help when my Mum said that, as Iā€™m going out so much I must be getting over it now!!??
After 10 weeks?? I told her Iā€™ll never get over this, its the worst thing thatā€™s ever happened to me.
Glad we have each other on here.
I hope tomorrow is a better day for you x

2 Likes

People say stupid things, makes me angry inside when people say ā€œyou look betterā€ or ā€œaww your laughingā€ doesnā€™t mean weā€™re over it, it means weā€™re trying to get thru the day, Iā€™m back at work and was laughing about something and a girl I knew came in and said back to your happy self! I snapped back, no, actually!! Itā€™s a front for work!!! What do people want us to do? Weā€™ve got to make some effort to carry on with daily life! And if you want to see local bands then itā€™s nobody elseā€™s business, Iā€™d go too, as it might cure some loneliness when other people are there but then I get anxiety in crowds now and never used too, so it depends on how I feel on that day, itā€™s true when people say take each day, thatā€™s what I do, cos I canā€™t predict how I feel from one day to the next, Iā€™m at work today, really canā€™t be arsed with stupid people!!! Working in retail is the worst job :laughing: someone shouted at me on Thursday and I was that tired and drained i said nothing!!! Normally Iā€™d of said something as the customer isnā€™t always right :laughing: so another day starts, another false smile

4 Likes

Yeh they were the lucky ones really ā€¦ we were there for them. Now we have nobody with us do we ;( and i been poorly this week and its been awful without him x

1 Like

Hope your feeling better, itā€™s so crap without them, I donā€™t know how Iā€™ve got thru the last 4 month!

1 Like

Thanks ange i am a bit thanks. Antibiotics kicking in . Im 16 months into this and still find it hard you know by myself ! We loved them so much didnt we ? We were so lucky just to have them in our lives :frowning: xx

1 Like

We were definitely the lucky ones, :disappointed::disappointed: Iā€™m terrified I forget memories and his voice and everything about him, Iā€™ve only got photos, :disappointed::disappointed: I stare at his photos and think how are you not here , itā€™s so unfair :sob:

1 Like

We were ā€¦ luckily i got a few videos and i can listen to his voice still ā€¦ i go back to them sometimes. Like yesterday. Wanted to see him singing but then i cant believe hes gone ?,6 months before he passed he looked so well and i cant believe i would no longer have him 6 short months later ! Life is so fragile and we dont even realise until its too late. I watched them loads in early days and they gave me a lot of comfort tbh so i was lucky ā€¦ im sorry you havent but at least you have photos. Can you ask any family members if they have any videos of him you can have ??? Xx

1 Like

Sore subject about his family, he didnā€™t tell them about me as he didnā€™t get on with them so Iā€™ve been outcast :disappointed::disappointed: but never mind, I will make do with my photos, I doubt theyā€™d have any of him as he barely had anything to do with them :disappointed::disappointed:

1 Like

Aw ā€¦ sorry about that but you got his pics and hes always in your heart xx

1 Like

@Ang5 omg I got goosebumps reading this itā€™s like I wrote it myself. I too work in retail and struggle with the fuck wits I gave to put up with. I literally feel like I put on a mask for work and it slips as I walk out of the door.i was trying to tell one of my workmates how low and lonely I felt and she said get a cat!! I nearly fell off my chair. People just donā€™t have a clue. Iā€™m going out on Friday my first night out in 7 months and so anxious itā€™s making me feel ill but I know I have to try.

3 Likes

Get a cat :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: what a great idea, why didnā€™t we think of this :laughing::laughing: not!! Hope Friday goes ok for you, I spent all my free time and days off from work with my mick :disappointed::disappointed: going to the cinema was a favourite weekly thing, I canā€™t even bare to look at any cinema listings now knowing heā€™s missing them all, he was A massive film
Buff!! whenever I bought him something random like, letā€™s say, a marksys pie, he would joke and say sarcastic things like wow stop spoiling me I feel like Richie rich and we would both laugh, Richie rich was on the tv last week and I burst out crying when I saw it!! Itā€™s a kids film, but how random it was on tv and it was one of ā€œour jokesā€ :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed: my phone never gets any texts or anything now heā€™s gone, itā€™s a very lonely existence!! Iā€™ve got a son and friends etc but still lonely :disappointed::disappointed:

3 Likes

Lovely words lost my husband last year not the same anymore

1 Like

We used to love a laugh too and at the most silly things, we laughed every day. We literally never apart, apart from at work. We loved spending time together and heā€™d often say have a night out with the girls from work and Iā€™d say Iā€™d rather be with you. Iā€™m hoping tonight goes ok too. Thank you for your lovely words.x

2 Likes

I cant believe, my husband is gone ,he died on the 19th of march so im still very early days ,but im starting to feel already that some people donā€™t want to hear about how im feeling or the problems im having. I get the im at the end of a phone if you need me ,but i have no children and no family to speak of ,so feel so very lonely ,i have ptsd so dont work . Life feels to empty without him . His funeral is on 26th April. How do i move on ,i do the same as you all ,put the face in place to see people and try to be upbeat when i want to scream and shout .

2 Likes

@Heartshredded
Sorry for your very recent bereavement. Itā€™s 11 weeks for me. I thought Iā€™d turned a corner at 10 weeks as I started feeling a bit better about it all. Not the case. His brother and sister-in-law invited me to their holiday cottage this week, so I went for a couple of nights. It made a change and they were great but he wasnā€™t there, and when I came home he wasnā€™t here either. Itā€™s so hard to keep going but we have to.
Make the phone calls to those people whoā€™ve reached out, suss them out and find out who the genuine ones are. I make a point of not mentioning Steve, but he comes up in conversation often and then you can get it out without sounding like a moaning minnie! I know that we shouldnā€™t have to protect others from our misery, but inreality we do, otherwise they will get fed up with us.
I donā€™t work either, I finished last July after a row with the management board, so I have to fight hard to fill up my daysā€¦ I think about getting another job but I feel very fragile atm and need to take care of myself, as we all do, going through this nightmare.

2 Likes

Feel for you I lost mine in November itā€™s hard but I just take each day as it comes the first year is going to be the worst but hopefully it will get better xx

1 Like

I dont see the anguish and loneliness, leaving me ,he was my comfort always had been ,i felt with him we could take on the world, talking about the silly things he used to do and say brings him closer to me ,but its already harder to do that with people. This may just be me at this moment its been a couple of days with financial problems,and endless other things which just become to much . I just want to shut the door and hide away. I have a darling cavapoo. Who is full of love and my chris adored ,he gets me up and about and i just try to concentrate on his needs and routine. I have had some beautiful people offer me comfort and help. Its just a low time the build up to the funeral i think

2 Likes